Fijian Islander needs card

One of my mate is Fijian and she has a permanent residence in Denmark and she wants to apply for a residency card here in Malta.  Any advice/help to start with the first step of applying would be appreciated.  I checked around but didn't go through my thick head.  Just need the first step and than she will follow it. Thanks

She has to decide under which category to apply and then fill in the form and supply the supporting documents. The fact that she has permanent residency in Denmark won't help her here in Malta.

She can choose from residency after being granted a work permit, through the investment scheme or buying a Maltese passport or studying in Malta. THe other options probably don't apply.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks ricky. She ll gather her papers etc but I still do not know where exactly to send her to start with.  I heard somewhere in Pieta-Floriana but thats it I know.
Thanks

follow instructions in this link
https://homeaffairs.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Info … dence.aspx
opening hours and office included

Thanks. This was the one I was looking for.

Make sure you make note of the following information (not all points will apply depedning on category she intends to apply under ) but make sure all documentation is translated into english and original copies and translation are provided.

1.​All application forms must be signed and dated by applicant;
2. Copies of all pages in passport need to be presented. Where passports are not in English language, all must be presented in English language tanslation.  This applies also to any other document requested by the Department to be attached to the application form;
3. Any translation into English has to be from a recognised and regulated Translation Agency.  Any page translated is to be on agency's letterhead and each page signed/endorsed by agency translator.
4. Both the original and copies of the Insurance Cover certificates need to be presented.  English translation required in case of Insurance policies that are not in the English language.
5. Both the original and copy of Bank (Foreign) Statements need to be presented.  These must also be on Bank's official document, signed and stamped by bank officials.
6. When applicant has no local bank account, evidence must be presented of money being received by same, such as by Swift Transfer etc.  English translation required in case of documents that are not in the English language.
7. Employment Contracts or Letters of Employment must be on employer's official letterhead, duly signed and dated by employer or his representative.  Clear dates for term of employment have to be included.
8. Lease Agreement confirming applicant's residency must be presented as well as the copy of the ID card of the Lessor. When the least agreement is not available, a letter of undertaking signed by the owner of the property must be presented together with a copy of the ID card of the owner.
9. Payslips, where required, must be on companies official document and the most recent ones presented.  Where required, P3 or / and FS3 are to be presented, such as when applying for extension of current permit.
10. Should a person be applying for an extension of current permit, this must be done at least thirty (30) days before his present permit expires or an application will not be accepted.

Her problem will be that to apply for residency in Malta she will have to give up her permanent residency in Denmark. She can't have both .

Her residency in Malta will be , at the best, from year to year for a few years!

What residency category is she looking at ?

Cheers
Ricky