Finding a teacher job in a public school

Hi
I am an experienced teacher looking for a job opportunity in a public school in Vietnam. I do not know about the recruitment process and the responsible institute where I have to go to submit an application. If you are aware about this, please send me contact details of the institute.

Kaushalya80 wrote:

Hi
I am an experienced teacher looking for a job opportunity in a public school in Vietnam. I do not know about the recruitment process and the responsible institute where I have to go to submit an application. If you are aware about this, please send me contact details of the institute.

If you are thinking about " teaching " English in a VN public school, don't get your hopes up, they seldom even accept volunteers, ( except Universities????? ).

I donated time in vung tau 4 years ago.  Great experience.  In many areas schools will hire westerners directly.  I work directly for a school.  Not through a center or any other company.  Just need to hustle and find one.

You are not hired through the school.  You are hired through the education dept.

Every area has different. Rules.  Go to your local education. Dept.  You can get hired through them.  Many officials have arrangements for kick backs from manpower company that provides teachers.  They are not a center.  These manpower companies are a front for local officials to skim money from schools before paying teachers.  You can earn about 360 vnd for each 45 min period.  Teach anywhere from 20 to 30 periods a week.  The manpower is charging the education dept near double for you. This is why most schools don't hire direct.

Hello!  Sorry to bother you with a question or 2... But you mentioned you worked for a school in vungtau 4 years ago??  Can I ask which school it was as I'm also an experienced teacher looking for work in vungtau and if successful I hope to make the move permanent. Thanks for your help :)

You mean 360,000 VN dong (around 18US$)

Yes most people here shorten it to 360 vnd. Even the viets.

Hi Teacher,
Glad to help you.
You can seeking on: ***
Good luck to you.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : No promotion of external websites