I have an opportunity in CEBU, a job offer @ 4000 USD /month

Hi all,

My name is Youssef, living in Tunisia, I am married and have 1 baby boy (3 years old) and shortly a little girl will join our world  :).
I am new on the forum and I need help.
I received a job offer in CEBU and the salary is $4,000  per month, I would like to know is it enough to live in CEBU knowing that I will move with my wife and 2 children (3 years old and a my wife will give birth in 3 month ).
It's not my first move (France, UK, Ireland, and currently Tunis) but it will be the first in ASIA, I came 2 times in CEBU for work and I had time to visit the city and the island, I really enjoyed it, met with nice people so when the opportunity arrived I was happy, excited and know need to make the right decision for my family and myself.
I have been warned about the price for renting, furniture, food when you are an expat but this is something I already faced in other country.
I wan to know about cars, I am able to buy one? school for my child knowing that we speak French, English, Arabic  (+ Spanish, Italian for my wife) the 4 of us and I would like them to be able to continue in this way.
The company will pay for a medical care, but I need your advice on this too.

In fact all advice for a "perfect" move will be really appreciated and helpful  :)

Hi! with 4000 USD/month that's plenty in conversion to Phil pesos. A family of 4 will be living in good comfort plus you will have savings with that salary. I am not Cebu based but I do frequent trips in that region as part of my consultancy work. Cebu, just like Iloilo and Bacolod cities are all in the visayas area. Just a bit higher in lifestyle in Cebu.

Anyway a good furnished house or condo unit or apartment will be a good start, just make sure of the location and consider the factors of distance from work, school and basic services. Owning a car is easy, just have an international drivers license ready, if you go for a brand new unit its between paying in full cash or getting a bank auto loan. For 2nd user category, Cebu is a hub for that dealership, you will have lots of choices.

Your company could arrange most of that in terms of relocation, remember to work well with the locals and your set for a good life in Cebu.

Email outsourceassistant.phils@gmail.com for other inquiries, it's my outsourcing services.

Good luck in your trip to Cebu.

Regards,

eL Mont

Thank you eL Mont for your answer!! very helpful

i am a Fillipino expat based in ____.  I am also from cebu (lapu-lapu city)

You didnt mention if the company will pay for your house, car, kids schooling or the 4K is pre or post tax.

If you need to pay for everything then this seems to be on the limit. This actually depends on your lifestyle.

maayong pag abot sa sugbo! (welcome to Cebu)!

Ciao!