$4000 Salary rejected

I just want to share. I have been working in Singapore close to 2.5 years now as a Business Operations Manager for a Wholesale/Retail Business earning about $3k a month doing mostly sales and operations related work.

I applied to work for one of the biggest Insurance Company here as a Financial Service Consultant (Insurance Agent).  They applied for $2,400 salary (S-Pass) since I will be earning commission I am ok. But this was rejected by MOM last October 2014. 3 Months later they applied for a $4,000 salary (E-Pass) but this was rejected too.  In the MOM self assessment tool I am still qualified.  Of course there is no guarantee but I am just perplexed what could be the possible reason why I am not not being approved.

I have about 6-7 year work experience for MNC's and Corporations mostly in finance and customer service related jobs. In Singapore it is sales and operations related tasks for more than 2 yrs for the same company since.  I have already been renewed and was approved by my current company last September 2014.   I am already 30 years of age. No family.

Based on my experiences, as i know the salary, education qualification and the working experience is just part of the assessment criteria. It is also depend on the current company financial status and stability and quota for foreign workers .

Maybe they did not deem your education and work experience relevant enough for the job - Business Operations Manager for a Wholesale/Retail Business doesn't have much in common with Insurance Agent!