HCMC & Hanoi

Hello

I will be traveling to HCMC & Hanoi (both for a couple of days on business) and was wondering where the best area would be to stay in

I would like access to a few bars, etc in a safe more international part of town.

In HCMC, I wonder if District 1 meets that requirement because it gets a lot of bad press (so to speak) as for backpackers and punters.

Any suggestions.

As far as Hanoi, I would like to be close to some sort of night life.

Look forward to your suggestions.

thank you

The best bet for bars in Hanoi is Hoan Kiem district.

All bars in Hanoi wrap up around half past midnight. There is a bar that opens pretty late, only went there once, but that depends on their pay-out to the local police.

In Hanoi, do not expect much on night life.

In HCMC, District 1 will be it.

As a foreigner, wherever you go, be aware of your surroundings and careful when picking up girls/boys and/or acquainting strangers especially in the bars.

If you have never been to Vietnam or you have no friends to bring you around, Will be better if you just go for a few beers and innocent chats. Go back to the hotel alone and check your back.

We have many customers come to us because of safety reasons. In any case, if you encounter any problems, drop a note here. I am sure many will be glad to help. alternatively, you can make some expat friends here and get some contacts for emergency.

Hello,
My name is Josh. I am Vietnamese, I live in Ho Chi Minh City. I'd like to making new friend to improve my English skill. I can take you to travelling around Ho Chi Minh City, my email: [email protected]
Thank you!

In HCM go for Quan/District 1. Nice boutique hotel on Dong Khoi Street
Indochine Hotel - 2 Star
40 - 42 Hai Ba Trung
Ben Nghe Ward
District 1
Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: +84-(0)-8-3822-0082 / +84-(0)-8-38220083

GPS: 10.777076,106.704543
(for your smartphone)

Room Rate: US$30 / US$45 / US$60

You can see pictures here:
http://vietnamhotels.net/ho-chi-minh-ci … hotel.html

Phu My Hung is an intrnational standard area just over the river sojth of Saigon. My wife and I recently stayed at the Lucky Hotel, 446 - 448 Pham Thai Buong Street [(+848) 54 123 623].  Large, clean rooms, helpful staff. My Vietnamese wife was able to negotiate a significant discount onhe original stated price of 1.2 million dong per night. There are plenty of restaurants and a regional shopping mall nearby. Expect western prices in them.

In Hanoi 18 months ago we stayed at the Artisan Hotel, run by two Australian families. Good service, excellent location near Sword Lake. Excellent breakfast included in price. Facilities include kettle, bar fridge and laptop. See www.artisanboutiauehotel.com

ralphnhatrang wrote:

Phu My Hung is an intrnational standard area just over the river sojth of Saigon.

Phu My Hung is way out of downtown - almost in Long An Province.

Athanasius Pang wrote:

The best bet for bars in Hanoi is Hoan Kiem district.

All bars in Hanoi wrap up around half past midnight. There is a bar that opens pretty late, only went there once, but that depends on their pay-out to the local police.

In Hanoi, do not expect much on night life.

In HCMC, District 1 will be it.

As a foreigner, wherever you go, be aware of your surroundings and careful when picking up girls/boys and/or acquainting strangers especially in the bars.

If you have never been to Vietnam or you have no friends to bring you around, Will be better if you just go for a few beers and innocent chats. Go back to the hotel alone and check your back.

We have many customers come to us because of safety reasons. In any case, if you encounter any problems, drop a note here. I am sure many will be glad to help. alternatively, you can make some expat friends here and get some contacts for emergency.

Mr. Pang

Thank you for your kind comments. It is my second time to Hanoi, and my intentions are as you put it: a few beers and innocent chats. I tend to prefer bars with pool tables, because shooting a game a pool makes it easy to chat with new people.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Peter

@ Josh:
Thank you for your offer, but I am not in need of a guide.
Good luck w/ your English.

@Jaitch, thx will look  into it.

@Raplh, thank you

Dear me, your taxi driver must be taking you the wrong way.