IT job for my wife, she's in Tata Consultancy Services, India now

Hi Friends,

I have just moved to Bahrain with a business consulting job and just like so many of you, am facing a problem with my personal life. My wife is working in India with Tata Consultancy Services, as an IT Engineer (she's a B.Tech in IT) and I dont want her to quit everything and come here. Hence I am looking for an IT job for her here - it could be any job, a basic engagement in her field of work is all that both of us want.

Can you please guide me as to how to look for it - any websites or placement coordinators you know. I can pay for the services as well (provided its worth it). We are trying through Bayt.com, but its not yielding much results in the past few months.

Do help me out on this please

Hello there.

You are right. This is a problem lots of us face in the early part of our lives in Bahrain. Even my wife had to stay at home for almost 2 years - and trust me its not easy for someone who is qualified and doing a proper job back home.

Do not be in a hurry to get your wife down. Make sure she has a proper job sorted out here before she leaves her current work place and joins you.

The best course of action is to get in touch with companies in the industry you are interested in and check if they have vacancies. You can also check out job search websites. Some popular sites are:

bayt.com
clarendonparker.com
nadia.com
naukrigulf (not sure of spelling)

Also personal network is important. Good luck!

Hi Farhaz, thank you so much for your inputs, I shall get going on these sites ASAP.

Farhaz wrote:

Hello there.

Good luck!