Saudi Work Visa for Diabetic

Hi

I have been offered job in Saudia. I am going to get my medical test next week. I am diabetic and taking medicine. Being diabetic can create problem in medical? I don't have any complications yet. Glucose levels are higher than normal values but within well controlled limit.

Many Thanks

If your doctor states that you are "fit for work" it shouldn't be a problem.  I am diabetic too and it didn't affect my getting a work permit.  In addition, 25 percent of Saudi nationals are diabetic apparently.

Thanks. I was being worried as I don't want to lose this opportunity.

Btw pitch did you get work permit recently?

Yes, towards the end of 2014.  Good luck!

Thanks

I have checked with GAMCA,Pakistan. According to them, being diabetic makes me unfit for work permit in Saudi. Really disappointed. Did not want to lose this opportunity.

I'm not sure about the situation in Pakistan, but maybe you should still go through with your application because as I said, something like 25 percent of all Saudis are diabetic.  Good luck and I wish you the best!

I ll speak to my company agent on monday and see what they say.

I have yet to undergo my new Saudi Arabian employer's medical and as a type 1 diabetic, I have concerns. I shall update this blog once my medical is complete.

I am a Type 1 Diabetic and in the past, this has proved disastrous when seeking work in some parts of the world and in the UK equally. Most of the 'concerns' expressed by companies are as outdated as the attitudes of management are draconian. In my experience, problems relate to company policies rather than any local government restrictions. It is interesting to note that on many occasions, my employment was questioned by others who would be better off regulating their own health and 'behaviours'. There is a high degree of hypocrisy.

Hello blake6123,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

Thank you for sharing with us your experience..:)

Best of luck .. :top:

Thank you
Yuveshen

Hi mszafar
any update on this? Did being diabetic affect your Saudi work visa application from pakistan? Pls let us know

Hi Alyan,

I received Saudi visa and than iqama without any problem.no one asked about diabetis.

Thanks mszafar.

I have been selected in a construction company as a Civil Engineer in Mecca, done my medical in Gamca Mumbai, doctor asked me to come for Fasting Blood Test as my sugar level is high. I am doing diet control and exercise daily, now it's getting reduced and Insha Allah I will bring it to normal in few days. Next week I will go for fasting blood test. I am bit worried as Uncontrolled. Diabetic are banned in GCC ,

Hi,
My FBS is 104 and PP is 165 , is it uncontrolled diabetes

How about color blindness?

Hi,

I would like to ask regarding Saudi Arabia working visa. Does the mild color blind and recovered hernia affecting the visa approval?

for all only one reply ... until your medical reports are clear and stamped by the authorized medical center your visa can not be proceeded.

Hello,

Can someone advise what are the regulations for getting a Saudi work visa today for diabetics if they are fit to work? Thanks so much

Dear sir /ma'am

I am coming to saudi Arabia from new work visa , I have done today my iqama medical test, but I have debetis, so any in my medical report for iqama medical.

@Sayeedanwardh2018 you will not have any issue for diabetics. You will get your visa and pass your medical test.