Visa extension

I would be pleased to have the details.

mariwan wrote:

I just got my Visa extended for three months single for 200 $,  so if any body interested I can give you the phone nr of the agency in fam ngu  lao
It look just like before with a stamp of 10$  , only one stamp, not like some one here mentioned seven stamps.

I think the 7 stamps is for people who arive by ship.

mariwan, do you mean it look the same but $200. stamp or you pay $200 and it has $10 stamp

It looks the same like before and written 10$ on the stamp but the agency charged me 200 $, other agencies told me that they can't extend the Visa due to the rules, so I was happy to find this one to do it for 200

Alan kai wrote:

It looks the same like before and written 10$ on the stamp but the agency charged me 200 $, other agencies told me that they can't extend the Visa due to the rules, so I was happy to find this one to do it for 200

Alan not to question your visa but a little fact checking at this point is needed. What your saying is that the agency was able to extended a visa that was issued to you before 01/01/15. May I ask what that category of visa was? B3? If you've been here awhile and extended before does the same signature from the official appear to be the same? I read that the $10.00USD was written on your blue stamp which is not normal, it should also be a blue stamp, not hand written. It's very easy to forge a single entry visa, multiple are a whole lot harder.

Rick

All these members up in arms about the new rules.....seems to me it is just a correction for what was otherwise a very lax policy in the first place. What other country would let you stay for years on end renewing a tourist visa every few months? In fact most countries would impose a fixed number of renewals and mandate a compulsory length of stay outside of the country before being able to return, usually the equivalent of how long you have stayed eg. max. 6 months stay within a 12 month period.....seems like a good idea to me

I have been living here for a long time and my Visa looks the same as other times, that agency has extended my Visa many times before, they can't fake it

Alan kai wrote:

I have been living here for a long time and my Visa looks the same as other times, that agency has extended my Visa many times before, they can't fake it

Didn't answer the questions Alan and I think I understand why. Been here a whole longer than you. Good luck.

Rick

What you mean you know why ?

Jasonwanpen wrote:

This morning in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam

I need a visa extention for myself and my thai girlfriend. Thais get a free 30 day visa afterwards they need a 3 month extention in order to remain in the country. This morning I was quoted 310$ USD for a single entry 3 month visa extention for my thai girlfriend alone. . At this time I'm giving it great consideration to leave the country and never come back. If you know of a location in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam that's far cheaper please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

If you still need help, call Ngo Thi Xuan Truc at 090 3748801. She's at 79 Truong Dinh Street (7th floor) in District 1 and got me a three month multiple-entry visa for US$200 all done.

Tell her John Pearce sent you.

I was quoted $250 yesterday in Nha Trang thats a drop of $100 in about 5 days, they really are just ripping us off just because the rule has changed and know people are desperate, its not actually costing any more money, it cant do can it as its not strictly legal anyway, the guy in the office just stamps the passport same as he did last month.

I for one wont be paying them a bean, I am flying to Dallas in a few weeks getting married to a Vietnamese friend who has both US and Viet nationalities, travel on to Houston and come back with a VEC, I did look at her coming back here but then looked at what we have to do and it would have put years on my life haha, ok the expense is high initially but I need a holiday [not left Vietnam in 7 years other than go out for visa] and I have a little satisfaction knowing the ripp off sods have this time lost, bit odd as well having a role reversal, its normally the foreigner helping the Vietnamese, trust me this lady needs no help so a nice touch.

Just wish others could find a way but admittedly it is hard to not have to deal with those spivs, and if anybody in Nha Trang has a serious problem and by serious I mean is physically unable to leave or stopped from leaving due to passport or visa irregularities contact me, I know how to get you out as I have faced that problem myself once, cant write it here as its not strictly kosher but someone who is in trouble would appreciate it.

-JohnD- wrote:

If you still need help, call Ngo Thi Xuan Truc at 090 3748801. She's at 79 Truong Dinh Street (7th floor) in District 1 and got me a three month multiple-entry visa for US$200 all done.

The trouble with giving news about such deals is that it is OK for a few but when it turns in to a deluge, the situations change.

There have always been a few places where you, in person, can legally leave the country whilst physically remaining within VN borders, and get a new / extension visa.  One, to my knowledge, was still working post 2015 January.

Once things like this get out, they get abused - then they get killed off.

The biggest reason behind the present clamp down is tax evasion - all the employed Foreigners who simply don't declare - and Ha Noi uses the big boot to bring people in line. Another example of a few making it hard for the rest of us.

My wife has to remit VAT, etc., for her hotels and staff. She makes a point of paying on the first business day of the month - before the provincial tax offices have even woken up to the fact it's a new month. VNese hoteliers use a different practice, they don't pay until the deadline, or later. Guess who gets audited!

My wife's books have not been audited for years but our competitors could rent rooms to tax men, they spend so much time there.

If tax authorities can tie Cong An hotel registrations together with the VAT calculation/collection function, they should be able to tie employer records to income tax. Or Work Permits to taxes. Those who don't 'fess up could be put on 30-day validations - with proof of tax payment being required for the validation.

The one thing I have never done is to diddle on our company's tax declarations and payments - and I know the DakLak tax department appreciates it - it gives them more time to chase down the tax dodgers.

Excellent post, but about the deluge for that guy, it does seem now that most of the spivs travel agents etc who where getting extensions before are back in business doing the same again, its just a question now who is cheapest, lowest I have heard is $200 but you can expect that to fall in the next few weeks. And we are not talking about leaving the country, we are talking about extending your current tourist or Buz visa which is supposedly not possible since Jan 1st.

Maybe they are wanting people to leave and re-enter so as to build up the incoming tourist numbers,seeing as they are still declining,lol.

Does the Russian exodus have much of an affect in Dalat [I think maybe thats where you are], they have gone a lot from Nha Trang, certainly the ones who stay in the cheaper 2 and 3 star accommodation, I treat myself out to a breakfast once a week and it seems to have made little difference to the ones in the 5 star hotels. Even when the Ruble rises it will take a long time to get back to where it was before, and the knock on affects of the crisis will only get worse.

daveinvietnam wrote:

Excellent post, but about the deluge for that guy, it does seem now that most of the spivs travel agents etc who where getting extensions before are back in business doing the same again, its just a question now who is cheapest, lowest I have heard is $200 but you can expect that to fall in the next few weeks. And we are not talking about leaving the country, we are talking about extending your current tourist or Buz visa which is supposedly not possible since Jan 1st.

Wish somebody would scan and post one of them extension stamps dated after 01/01/15. It would add more creditability then just saying they got it without proof.

Rick

I wonder what the new rules will be next time the guys and gals in Ha Noi decide to change the visa laws,it seems each year it just gets more difficult. Then again when you are deling with an outdated mentality you can't expect too much.

Budman1 wrote:
daveinvietnam wrote:

Wish somebody would scan and post one of them extension stamps dated after 01/01/15. It would add more creditability then credibility than just saying they got it without proof.

Rick

Where's the motivation to lie?

With the huge spread in reported prices and renewal experiences I'd say the system is currently in chaos.  The new law may have gone into effect a month ago but nobody's been told how to administer it yet, and people are getting the runaround and the shaft.

Putting the horse before the cart as usual.

I cant imagine anyone would come on here and lie, for what purpose, if they say they have extended there visa I would believe them, I mean most people on here are expats and they are only here to help one another or get advise.
Like I said earlier, the guy who asked me for $250 is the same guy who has been doing it for close to 10 years,there would be no point him in lying as the whole thing would be a pointless exercise and he knows he would never get paid, so if someone says they just got one for $200 in Saigon I believe them.

And for sure if I did get one [which I wont be needing now anyway] I certainly would not be scanning and posting cos someone wants proof of my word.

sorry Dave, I didnt see it that some one was doubting your word, it's just reassuring when these thing can actually be seen rather than just spoken about, I'm not even there and this is giving me the willies, cover up your personal stuff though!!! and the numbers- not date though

MarkinNam wrote:

sorry Dave, I didnt see it that some one was doubting your word, it's just reassuring when these thing can actually be seen rather than just spoken about, I'm not even there and this is giving me the willies, cover up your personal stuff though!!! and the numbers- not date though

Dave no intention to really doubt anybody's word. Just would like to see the stamp of one from a person that says they have one and actually has a 3 month extension tor a biz visa or tourist visa that was issued before 01/01/15. Some times people here are promised that something can happen and in the end it doesn't. Case in point was the member last week that was promised a 3 month extension, paid the bucks and when the agent came back it was only good for a month and no refund. The one I really had doubts about was the guy early this week that claimed he just got a 6 month extension.
@MarkinNam, on the extension stamp there no personal information or numbers just a blue stamp that says when it was signed, how long it's extended too and the signature of the approving official and then another red stamp under it saying 10 (MUOI) USD . The red stamp is mostly used by Immigration in Saigon some of the outlining Immigration offices don',t like in Hau Giang. Had a few doubts when another guy posted his extension stamp had a handwritten 10 (MUOI) USD on it.

Here's a example somebody sent me of one a few years ago:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=208313

open the link on post #13 to view.

Rick

I've spoke to two people that have got the B3 extension this month..
However, they paid big bucks for a 3 mth AND were handed a 1 month. 
One guy only got 28 days????.   And that seems to be the trend if you stay here and do it.

The new LAW 47/2014/qh13.  Article 9 sect 7 ..does state that visa renewals will be considered.  They simply are dragging their heels for TET cash now. It's painfully obvious. Anything new here..."is big problem"   

I can't see this country which is popular among backpackers NOT extending tourist Visas.  Those BPs like to hang around.  I'd say you'll get at least 1 extension inside the border.   Also, if the costs are ridiculous the tourists will take their business to other places.  After all , Vietnam is not exactly the "holy grail " of world travel.

cheers ric

Yogi007 wrote:

I've spoke to two people that have got the B3 extension this month..
However, they paid big bucks for a 3 mth AND were handed a 1 month. 
One guy only got 28 days????.   And that seems to be the trend if you stay here and do it.

The new LAW 47/2014/qh13.  Article 9 sect 7 ..does state that visa renewals will be considered.  They simply are dragging their heels for TET cash now. It's painfully obvious. Anything new here..."is big problem"   

I can't see this country which is popular among backpackers NOT extending tourist Visas.  Those BPs like to hang around.  I'd say you'll get at least 1 extension inside the border.   Also, if the costs are ridiculous the tourists will take their business to other places.  After all , Vietnam is not exactly the "holy grail " of world travel.

That makes for some Very interesting reading, a bit convoluted but a ray of sunshine. maybe the rip offs were just till we caught on http://blog.rushvietnamvisa.com/blog/20 … s-vietnam/

fellow confucianists confusionists :joking:   

It seems people keep repeating the same questions or replies regarding the new visa rules that went into effect on January 1st 2015.

Instead of reading through the many replies/post where people speculate about all the possible scenarios - I suggest that you first read the government supplied decree on these visa rules yourself:

Download it from the link below:
47-2014-QH13.doc

After reading this document you will understand the proposed law but it won't tell you the specifics on how it will (and can) be carried out --> the answers to those questions can ONLY come from people who have had first-hand experience in obtaining/renewing visas and/or resident cards AFTER January 1st 2015 - disregard any other replies and posts to save time and further confusion.

I feel that Expat.com should have made the link to this document a 'sticky' in the Vietnam Visa forum so it could actually benefit those looking for concrete information - it seems though that the extra traffic/revenue generated by numerous duplicate posts, questions and replies has a higher priority. :whistle: 
I will repeat this post to help both site and members :D

Cheers,
Win

Well to a cut a long story short I am getting married in Dallas to a VN citizen March 2nd , I then plan to go to Houston to get a VEC at the Consulate there before returning to Vietnam [I am English and been living here in Nha Trang10 years].

What I am trying to find out is other than the obvious [Passports Wedding Certificate copy of family book etc] is any other paperwork needed, and if anyone has applied for a VEC outside Vietnam approximately how long did the process take.

I know I could do it here when we both get back but things like this in Nha Trang always seem so much harder.

I did search and find one member who actually did do this in Houston; I have written to him privately but would appreciate any info. Thanks.

I dont think its about the Immigration, its the visa agent that wil rip you off..The immigration have their price for any type of Visa,..Thats why its better to run in Cambodia/Thailand etc,, VN Embassies but I heard the border (mocbai) is issuing visa stamp provided you will apply for a visa letter 3 days prior to your trip to the border, most of the agent now have their price for the visa letter and that depends on your nationalities, and urgency. range from 15 to 45,,not included the visa stamp..yey have differnt confusing fee..so check and look around some decent agent if you can find..(goodluck)

tiptoe1 wrote:

dear sir
i can help u with any way , pls contact me 0923905923
my name hana, 100% your visa ok ,

If you have information regarding visa extensions please post it here on the forum so that other members may benefit from it.
Unless you are a bit more open and transparent about this it looks like you are seeking to make money out of this. Are you an immigration agent ??

mtgmike wrote:

Tonight I was quoted price of $195 an extension on a 3 month B3 single entry.  Last year it was more like $40ish for an extension at this place.  Still waiting on other quotes.  Unless the news gets better soon I'll be putting that $200 towards an impromptu poor man's holiday to Cambodia or Thailand.

How did it go? Did you get it for that price? I have a B3 up for extension on 16/3. Yesterday my regular agent quoted me $210 after quoting  $285 1 month ago.

daveinvietnam wrote:

I was quoted $250 yesterday in Nha Trang thats a drop of $100 in about 5 days, they really are just ripping us off just because the rule has changed and know people are desperate, its not actually costing any more money, it cant do can it as its not strictly legal anyway, the guy in the office just stamps the passport same as he did last month.

I for one wont be paying them a bean, I am flying to Dallas in a few weeks getting married to a Vietnamese friend who has both US and Viet nationalities, travel on to Houston and come back with a VEC, I did look at her coming back here but then looked at what we have to do and it would have put years on my life haha, ok the expense is high initially but I need a holiday [not left Vietnam in 7 years other than go out for visa] and I have a little satisfaction knowing the ripp off sods have this time lost, bit odd as well having a role reversal, its normally the foreigner helping the Vietnamese, trust me this lady needs no help so a nice touch.

Just wish others could find a way but admittedly it is hard to not have to deal with those spivs, and if anybody in Nha Trang has a serious problem and by serious I mean is physically unable to leave or stopped from leaving due to passport or visa irregularities contact me, I know how to get you out as I have faced that problem myself once, cant write it here as its not strictly kosher but someone who is in trouble would appreciate it.

Something in Vietnam is not strictly kosher?    Say it isn,t so Dave, say it isn,t so...

cabraman wrote:
mtgmike wrote:

Tonight I was quoted price of $195 an extension on a 3 month B3 single entry.  Last year it was more like $40ish for an extension at this place.  Still waiting on other quotes.  Unless the news gets better soon I'll be putting that $200 towards an impromptu poor man's holiday to Cambodia or Thailand.

How did it go? Did you get it for that price? I have a B3 up for extension on 16/3. Yesterday my regular agent quoted me $210 after quoting  $285 1 month ago.

I took a holiday to Cambodia rather than paying an agent.  Tickets to Phnom Penh are about $12 US.  I think I paid $25 for a Cambodia visa.  You can get a three month single entry for Vietnam in Cambodia for about $98.  If you can find a hotel for about $12 that's about $150 for everything.  There is another crossing where you can do the entire process and return to HCMC in the same day if you leave around 8AM.  I suppose in that case it would be about $135.  I may not have saved much but I saw some new places and got a vacation.  Might as well take a scenic bus tour and spread that wealth.

bachkhanhvy wrote:

visa 1 month  b3  150 usd.  no need go out of VN
3 months  b3 210      NOT GO TOO
3 months multi   not go too  300  but need your company letter sponsor
3 months single  320   not go too ,and no any document from your company  letter

Looks like you are a bit confused,a single entry visa is more than a multi, I wouldn't go anywhere near you.

bachkhanhvy wrote:

yes im  is immigration agency , i can fix your visa anyway

Yes sweetie,......I'm is fucki&$g Santa Claus .    Santa get me visa for $10 ...
Oh yes...I'm is good boy and eat my vegetables.   

Big problem .....my house have no chimney.....how will Santa get my 3 year visa to me.....

Admin have closed down the bachkhanhvy account. 
I even got a PM from him with his oh so helpful offer.

stumpy wrote:

Admin have closed down the bachkhanhvy account. 
I even got a PM from him with his oh so helpful offer.

Stumpy, it was very nice of him to offer his help to you,lol.

In January I entered VN with a visa on arrival.
cost $23 +$45 stamp fee =$68.
Visa issued was 3 month single entry DL (Tourist Visa)
Yesterday I enquired about a Visa Extension in Nha Trang.
I went to a place that did a B3 extention for $35 last year. They quoted $90 for 3 months extension.
I asked at another 2 places for the hell of it.
1 quoted $135 and the other $180.
I hadn't been to the tourist area for quite some time and was surprised to find that it had turned into "MoscowTown".

I guess $90 is still cheaper than a Visa run. But pissing me off with the triple price tag.

I really miss my APEC card...

[Moderated by Team : No free publicity on the forum please register your services in the Business directory ]

Update: the agent phoned me today with an updated price for extension of the DL visa.
$75 for 3 months and $45 for 1 month.

Getting better everyday.

Gotta love Vietnam!

mikeqt wrote:

In January I entered VN with a visa on arrival.
cost $23 +$45 stamp fee =$68.
Visa issued was 3 month single entry DL (Tourist Visa)
Yesterday I enquired about a Visa Extension in Nha Trang.
I went to a place that did a B3 extention for $35 last year. They quoted $90 for 3 months extension.
I asked at another 2 places for the hell of it.
1 quoted $135 and the other $180.
I hadn't been to the tourist area for quite some time and was surprised to find that it had turned into "MoscowTown".

I guess $90 is still cheaper than a Visa run. But pissing me off with the triple price tag.               

I really miss my APEC card...

Can you tell me the name, address and phone number of the place where you got the $90 extension?     My agent charged me $180 for a B3 3 month extension 2 weeks ago. I,m in Dalat so a bus trip down to Nha Trang to save $90 is very appealing