Moving to KL------Help Required

Hi,

My hubby has 9+ experience and a Lead consultant and has been offered a job in KL for 13708 RM per month [inclusive of tax] with a relocation benefit and medical insurance covered. He is currently getting around 130000 INR per month in hand. We have house rental emi of close to 85000 INR per month liability. Would we be able to cover that with the salary offered and also would we be able to save anything after the liability? And if he stays single initially for atleast 6 months, how much can we save?

Another question regarding his work permit, he is a carrier of Hepatitis B, would that be a problem in getting a work permit even if he has an offer? He is not under any medications.

Please help.

Hi

You know the exchange rate ya? RM1000.00 = around Rs17,000.00 +
You work it out

Here a decent 3 brm apt - RM1,600.00 to RM2,000.00 ( If this is covered under your relocation benefit - good )
Utilities - water, electricity, telephone, TV channels etc - RM500.00 
home cooking is surely cheaper & healthier ( provision & marketing ) -  RM1,500.00
Your EMI  - RM5,000.00
Misc Expenses ( Transport etc - ) - RM500.00

Rest you decide

Word of warning - if your hubby does not complete 182 days presence in Malaysia he will be taxed at the flat rate of 25% on income earned. It would be important to take this into account and also that no absences for social purposes of 14 days and more would be possible in that 6 month period as it would break the continuity and zero the day count, therefore delaying the qualification date.

The company might conduct a medical because of insurance liabilities for their staff, so you would need to ask them that question about pre-existing conditions. The immigration process in itself does not require a medical for employment passes, but can for other classes of permits that permit work. This would involve blood work and a chest x-ray.

I am not sure if they will refuse his visa due to Hepatitis B. Only in certain cases Immigration ask for a blood test (mainly for workers, maids), so they should not ask it to your husband.
I am not sure about the INR, I do not know how much it is worth.
13,000RM is a decent salary if income taxes are paid by your husband's employer with a medical coverage.
I did not understand if your husband's company is also paying for the rent in KL? A 2 bedroom apartment in KLCC area costs 3,000RM/month.
From your message, I understand you do not have children, which means no school/nursery costs.
So the package is pretty good for a couple.
Sorry, I cannot answer regarding the INR part... Maybe you should just convert INR in MYR and deduce it from the salary - rent, then you will know what you are left with!
Good luck ;)

I think considering your salary in India, 13k+ is on the lower side assuming you are moving with family.

I lived here for few months last year with family so i am familier with the local stuff.

Here is the per month math:

Tax - ~RM 2200
Accomodation (assuming most Indian stays around brickfields area) - RM 3000 - RM 3500 (depends on you)
Utilities (Electricity/water/internet/phone) - RM 400 - 500
Education (if applicable) International schooling per child - RM 1300 + van charges (around 150).
Daily living - RM 2000
Local transportation - RM 200
Entertainment - RM 400 (bare minimum) - KL is a buzzing city so you will naturally tend to spend here on entertainment.
Medical contingency: RM 150 on an average

EMI equivalent - RM 5000 (assuming exchange rate of 17)

I don't think you will save anything extra. Just barely manage to cover the expenses.