Reaching Manaus, Amazon

Hello You All,

I am from India and am looking to travel to Amazon for a short while, I understand the visa procedure from India to Brazil but what I need to know is first hand information about the weather and cost of living in Manaus, please note I won't be in  the rainforest all the time :)

Lots of good energy from here!

hi there weather is good and nice over here cost of living is bit expensive then india if you are planning to work here then sure cost of living will be in your reach. and make sure you will hardly get india food in brazil.. spices like red chili powder or gram masala  hard to find even hard to find from supermarkets any how feel free to ask if you want to know more.

One thing you will not find in Manaus, is good "Energy." Power outages are daily. :D

Well Matt, looks like Anjali_N is no longer among us anyway. Hummmmm, could that mean he's given up on Manaus?  :/

Wonder why anybody would do that?

Hi Anjali,
Here it's raining hard almost every days. Yes; life is quite expensive and do no expect buying sport items, hey are out of price. If you are vegeterian, you will find hard not to eat meat ; here it's meat or meat ! and fish as well, fish from the Amazon. But one salad is almost more expensive than one steak. An other problem : people rarely speak english in Manaus. You have to learn a few words of portuguese.