Where in the Philippines can I rent for less money?

Hi
One Question? Where or city or region can rent for not cheap, but the bang for the USD? :)
Least money?
Thank you

Not in Makati; there are still rentals that cost $150 a month in Quezon City to $80 per month in the province! Just a matter of patience!

You can check also the advertisement here for accommodation!

I'm more thinking about Cebu Region or Dumaguete Region?
Manila is not for me. I really looking for a small house on or off the beach......
18K P to 20K P a month around $500 USD?

four1cents wrote:

I'm more thinking about Cebu Region or Dumaguete Region?
Manila is not for me. I really looking for a small house on or off the beach......
18K P to 20K P a month around $500 USD?

I once found a beautiful 3 bedroom house for rent about $200 in Dumaguete City...away from the center of town, more in the suburbs, lots of greenery, well shaded by large fruit trees....but still a short jeepney or tricycle ride to downtown.  Have you ever been to Dumaguete?  It's a university town.  I found it more laid back, more peaceful, less traffic than Cebu City.   That was a few years ago...might be higher now.  Try this website:  - dpost.com/ph/homes

Yes thanks I'll think about it $200 a month a house. But do you if I can something right on the beach for around $450 or less
Thanks

NEGRO ISLAND IS VERY CHEAP AND NO CRIME TO WORRY ABOUT.....JOE

Thanks for the input people

Southern Philippines smaller towns 500.000 or less in population  Big enough to have a Mall or 2.  Not hit resent by Typhoons.  Same as America. Smaller town are cheaper to live in. Near a port for cheap shipping.

the cebu area is cheap....i am a american and renting a 2 bed place for $5,000 peso a month....its a lot better than manila.....joe

Region 7 Cebu lesser expenses than manila.........

Will you be in the Philippines for a vacation only? or will you be residing here for a long time?

I would suggest Davao City since that is a safe and cheap place to live in.

I checked out all the areas mentioned by others and almost decided on Dumaguete but the immense traffic of such a small place deterred me. I finally settled on Cagayan de Oro City and found a beautiful 2 bedroom home, fully furnished, for P20,000 in a flood-free and secure subdivision.

Where is Duemegatti, I never been to Philippines but was thinking of going to Cebu or Baguio or some place called Davao or Divao. Are there any other people from USA living there and does everyone speak English? And how far from Cebu or Manila?

I want to visit Cebu, is there any other 2 bedrooms where you are and how far from Cebu airport? Or how do I get to those apartments from the airport? 5000 pesos is what I'm looking for.

hi,at first we rented a complteetly restaurated nice house in Davao city for 6000 peso a month (2 bedrooms bathroom nice living space0this was in panacan relocation .but as i am not a great fan of city life we now rent a very nice house in Astorga -Santa Cruz Davao del sur for 0nly 5000 peso a month,we have ,3 bedrooms ,2 bathrooms ( one with waterheater)and a very large garden with 4 mango trees hehe,as this house is les than 5 minutes walking from the beach i consider it a dream house with a little bit of pasiance and some looking around one can find simmular houses here in the region .

the house in Panacan Relocation  is stil availebol to rent

Hello My name is Michael Harman (Mickey), If you want a quiet life, an area where the air is clear and clean, low crime rate, friendly people clean streets and lots of beaches and resorts nearby, come to Medellin Cebu. Absolutely loving it up here. We are aproximately 3.5 hours by car north of Cebu City, but lots of crime, smog, traffic there. Medellin, San Remigio, Hagnaia are all great areas. See me online as "Mickey Harman"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10620764_1529393110661598_6525691214777505453_n.jpg?oh=027b8c827fbfbcfceaa41387fadfa93a&oe=552AB8F9&__gda__=1429056966_06298913ba911a7bac0ff51414610f9f

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10245304_1504871546447088_6058751958062781217_n.jpg?oh=b55c9be021279a11c4ab8b42175c5b93&oe=5520AEBA

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10392484_1504872916446951_6548578528232445128_n.jpg?oh=2a4146b8246ca0c63642d70e8b3f6b7a&oe=556DD70D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s480x480/10478170_1530156240585285_8416748170687346422_n.jpg?oh=ef098fa8fd38bbef4e31d061cbcb5e9c&oe=55324D1A&__gda__=1428571083_59c32c6b0bf6ff2e4c85dd82db304b07

Manila area is high.  smaller towns under 500,000 to 250,000 people.  Near the sea. With a good road and rail if posable.  Learn to shop the markets eat the local food, bargan hunt for cloths.  That can be fun.  Learn the local prices.  Keep your billfold in a zip close or button down pocket.  Rent can vary as to what you want.  For same house as I live in private gated subdivision with pool and park. 20,000 a month furnished 2 bedroom with 2 airconditioners.   Know a person here pays 5,000 peso a month rent unfurnished for same home by comparison. Stand alone with yard. In the Muslin section of town. So rent can vary.  You shop the big Malls expect to pay big Mall prices.  You get out the first 3 months here learn your town see what is there. Life can be cheap.  As for English they say they can speak it.  Much T.V. in English here. But you should know how to tell the taxi drivers how to get to your home and were to turn right or left for the shortest ride in there language. They forget English easy here.  A 50 word vocabulay for getting home, ordering food, buying will get you around. Learn 200 words most used. And you start talking to most here.  They say I am funney the way I talk.  But they smile and are freindly.  So as any were.  Life is what you make it here.

it depends if how long you will stay and what do you prefer to stay in?condominium or in a house and lot...

Come to our expat meeting on Wensdays. There are 3 here every Wensday. 2 in the day and one at night. Cagayan De Oro.

Hi I was just recently in dumaquette area, im from usa and I assure you you can get a nice gated apartment or house, some include free wifi and cable, for less than 500usd, I will return between April and may, im sure I'll get v what o want for 300 usd or less the best thing to do is hire a driver motorcycle or try cycle for the whole day and look around the two little towns outside of dumaquette are good options too.Shop and compare before you decide, good luck, it really depends on your liking.

Isn't Mindanao supposed to be where westerners get taken hostage by the MILF?  I have heard it's quite beautiful just risky.

Better off in visayas or luzon.

as far as i know Davao city is safe ,i feel safer there as in Manila,but i am ex military and been in some real dangerous places so my view on safety is very likely not the same as yours .

the main reason it is safe in Davao city is Mayor Duterte ,i am a big fan of M rDuterte and his way of dealing with crime ,once i have the right to vote Mr Duterte has my vote no doubt about it.

Davao is my place ;)

Hello Maimaimermal,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Are you currently staying in Davao? Is it cheaper than the other areas of Phillipines according to you?

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

No risk in Northern Mindanao. Manila or Angeles City is many times more dangerous.

We seem to be drifting off topic here now.

I am an Australian living on Mactan Island, Cebu. After much research I chose here for its close proximity the other Philippine islands and the international airport. Also there are very safe and peaceful locations on the island. I live in a new condo complex close to the beach so there is always a sea breeze but not on the beach so reasonably priced fully furnished 3br apartments around  P20000. Contact me if you want more info.

Cebu city has gotten more noisier and the rents are a little bit higher now. Lapu Lapu City is following behind, but will be about the same in a few years

There are still quiet locations on mactan and where i live will not change for many years

Quezon City or Caloocan City

Hello good day to you:-) If you need more info for Dumaguete and Cebu please feel free to contact me  ++++

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

Hi most places in philippines have good rates,but manila has the highest rate,you can easily find,room,hotel or pension house,from about 15usd and above depending on your life style,it's best you get it with a native person if possible

Are you going to have a holiday or a long term stay? Please e-mail me ********************* tnx

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Interesting question.  Almost anywhere it can start from 1,000 pesos per month, but you get what you pay for.
In my last area, accommodation could vary from 1,000 per month up to 120,000 per month, maybe more.

I live in Malaybalay, been here in this same location for 5 years, paying 12000 a month, 2 bedrooms, not a bad little house. Very secure compound I believe that equates to about $260 a month, it is fully furnished, I bought a new stove.

I think finding a place to stay would depend on what is your purpose in going here. If it is for a long term or short term stay and your target region to be in.

four1cents wrote:

Yes thanks I'll think about it $200 a month a house. But do you if I can something right on the beach for around $450 or less
Thanks

Dude,  you keep throwing out there what you want to pay... Seriously?  Do you  have  a stupid light on your forehead?

They keep telling you that you can get much cheaper but you keep saying you want to pay more... These folks are going to eat you alive.

A smart and Penny Wise guy would let them tell you how much they want first... Not how much you want to give away. This is the Philippines everything is close to the beach and some are cheaper because these folks don't do beaches for pleasure.