Mechanical engineering in Malaysia

Any recommendations for private universities that offer mechanical engineering bachelor's degree in Malaysia near KL and doesn't exceed 30,000 rm ? Please if anyone has any recommendations let me know.

To be honest, the standards are not that high here and I am not convinced that the qualifications carry much weight in some other places in the world. There are no universities that are in the top rankings. I have read other comments on Expat-Blog about the students not getting a chance to get much hands-on experience. I  get to see a lot of theses and other technical papers written by Malaysian students of all levels, and can confirm the English language skills are dismal in many cases. I think the educational approaches are a bit dated.

None. Science and engineering degrees from Malaysian universities are worthless. Places like Nottingham (British degree are valuable but expensive) otherwise you are wasting your time and money.

Problems include never actually doing things hands on (just watching experiments done by lecturer), "you pay so you get degree" (no.need to complete assignments) and in public universities being forced to lower pass marks for certain types of students.I know too many lecturers here who have too many stories. Even from other Asian countries who are astounded by local practices. The best story I have is of a blonde European female lecturer being told to wear a mini skirt, heels and low cut top to keep her mostly male overseas students happy! And an indo lecturer friend who complained she had to pass students who did no work "as they paid the fee they get the degree as we need to be competitive". She also had to put up with sexual harassment to keep students happy.

Malaysians vote with their feet ( and cash) and send their children overseas. Don't waste your money.