Hi all we are moving to malta in march

I will be working hopefully but unlikely my husband will as 3 years off retirement age
I dont suppose there is any kind of support like job seelers? Thank you

yes if your claiming it in the uk (set time period applies ) before you leave , they will pay it via an agreement else no ...
https://www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroa … -allowance

You can't get income-based JSA abroad.

You can get contribution-based JSA in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland for up to 3 months if you:

are entitled to it on the day you go abroad
    register as a jobseeker at least 4 weeks before you leave
    are looking for work in the UK up to the day you leave
    are going abroad to look for work
    register at the equivalent of a Jobcentre in the country you're going to
    follow the other country's rules on registering and looking for work

I understand that you are working, so for you - I would think not. (Your earlier post)
Also, you will not be entitled if you voluntarily leave work.
(Voluntarily leaving work, or refusing a notified vacancy: The claimant may be initially sanctioned for up to 13 weeks.)
Also: Contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA(C)) entitlement is based on Class 1 National Insurance contributions in the two complete tax years preceding the benefit year of claim. This allowance is paid regardless of assets. However, whilst this statement applies to "savings, capital or a partner's earnings", there are other caveats which exclude payment. For instance, any personal or occupational pension over £50 a week result in deductions. Thus many older citizens seeking work are excluded, despite qualifying through NI contributions payments, because they have pension income.
As you also state, your husband retired early through ill health so depending upon the terms under which he retired early he may or may not be able to register as a job seeker before leaving UK.
Also, would he actually be able to work? If not then he will not receive.
You also state you are selling your house so this may well apply also: People who are not eligible for JSA(C) may claim Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, JSA(IB), which is means tested for each individual claimant and/or their dependents. People who are eligible for JSA(C) may also claim JSA(IB) for any additional payments due under that benefit (for family dependents, for example). JSA(IB) is payable only if the claimant has less than £16,000 in savings(correct as of May 2013). Payments are reduced if the claimant has savings between £6,000 and £16,000.
So you need to apply your circumstances to those criteria.

redmik wrote:

You also state you are selling your house so this may well apply also: People who are not eligible for JSA(C) may claim Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, JSA(IB), which is means tested for each individual claimant and/or their dependents. People who are eligible for JSA(C) may also claim JSA(IB) for any additional payments due under that benefit (for family dependents, for example). JSA(IB) is payable only if the claimant has less than £16,000 in savings(correct as of May 2013). Payments are reduced if the claimant has savings between £6,000 and £16,000.
So you need to apply your circumstances to those criteria.

it wouldn't  matter if they are entitled to income based jsa or not you cannot claim this abroad , you can only claim contribution based abroad and your right they would face sanctions if they left work

I know they can't get income based abroad but I included the info for evidence and info for others. OK?