Bicycling-- new Blog Post

https://www.expat.com/en/blog/central-a … gspot.com/

just got an electric bike.  any comments or interest?

Where are you going to ride it? Finding a spot outside stores to lock a bike can be challenging in Santo Domingo, I am still working on that one. I just mounted my Airzound horn and can't wait to try it out on the street-- it scared the behickies out of me when I blew it the first time in the house.

Good luck and happy cycling!!

Dan

There was an article today about the plans to create "bike lanes" in Santo Domingo. Can you imagine????  You are taking your life in your hands in Santo Domingo!!!!

So they are now going to have gua-guas, motos, cars, transports and now bicycles in the far right lane.  Where are the wrong way moto drivers supposed to go.

Riding a bike in SD, Santiago, or even here on the north coast one the main roads is suicidal.

Bob K

won't be in S.D.  Sosua & Cabrera,  just around town.  can't carry much on it.  will buy a motocycle for the basic transportation.  had no problem getting shopping down.  with a sissy bar & saddle bags & bungees no problems.  eventually a car.   15 mph & 18 t0 20 mile range.  the center of gravity is quite high so an extended rack  won't help.  not even sure that I'll bring down when I come. what kind of horn is it? air horn or what?

If they do make bike lanes I'll be the only one in them-- today from Parque Independencia to Ferretería Americana on Kennedy (about 6 miles each way) I saw 0 other bicycles on the road.

estoy viejo si, pero no pendejo!!  of course no main roads.  even on my bike bike, had to be super alert & with no tragos, siempre!!

Gypsy  we know you will be in the country so you are fine.  Danduva is in the capital -  a nightmare to get around in.  Honey you are way braver then I would ever be. No bicycle for me.  No way, no how.

thanks sweet heart.  it has nothing to do with bravery, but everything to do with experience &, the big &.. financial          constraints requires expedience.    Sisiphus (sp) did not get to the mountain top running.  it took awhile to get there   my boulder is my wallet, however, I am strong, stubborn & most importantly, is that I've been on this trail before.   like you we shall prevail.  is Gaspar Fernandez still the household center ? had great deals on furniture & appliances.

Do you remember in what paper you saw the  article today about the plans to create "bike lanes" in Santo Domingo?

Thanks,
Dan

Dominican  Today and    Diario Libre

did you get the article this time?

Yes