Asthmatics in bahrain.

Hi all
I am wondering if anyone has any first hand experience living with asthma in Bahrain.

What medication is available? Where is best to live with this illness? Any advice off anyone who suffers with asthma or has a family member who does would be great.

Thanks!

Hi Stef,

I know we have been chatting about this but I just looked up on the internet this page for you.

GDN

As discussed, I would suggest Riffa Views as it's a lovely green area, but as your son's nurse suggested living by the sea then maybe Amwaj as it is a lot less desert based and is built up and has greenery or Hamala Beach Resort as it is also quite green and right on the sea like Amwaj.

Hope you get answers from someone who has asthma and lives in Bahrian....

When we first came to Bahrain, my wife had a bout of mild asthma. She suffered for about two years.

We sought medical help and was under the care of an excellent doctor at Ibn Nafees Hospital, named Dr. Mahdi Hasan. Eventually she got better and now no longer needs to use any medication.

Over the years, we stopped using carpets and switched to tiled apartments and homes. She also became a fitness fanatic. I assume these steps may have also helped in her recovery.

Thankyou both  :)