Temporary storage of suitcases in Quito

Here is my situation.  I have just moved to Cuenca, found an apartment, and started to settle in.  My sister is coming to visit, and will be bringing me one or two suitcases.  The problem is that I will be meeting her in Quito on Dec. 12th.  Then we will be touring around the northern and eastern parts of Ecuador until Dec. 23rd.  On the 23rd, we will be flying to Cuenca.  Would anyone living in Quito be willing to store my luggage for those 12 days, or does anyone know of another solution?  Thanks.

NancyBlu wrote:

My sister is coming to visit, and will be bringing me one or two suitcases.  The problem is that I will be meeting her in Quito on Dec. 12th.  Then we will be touring around the northern and eastern parts of Ecuador until Dec. 23rd.  On the 23rd, we will be flying to Cuenca.  Would anyone living in Quito be willing to store my luggage for those 12 days, or does anyone know of another solution?

NancyBlu, how are you...

Solution #1:  Arrange to stay in the same Quito hotel on the nights of the 12th and the 22nd, and have them hold the luggage during the interim.  Even if it's just for the 22nd, they may agree to hold the suitcases, although there may be a fee or required upfront payment for the 22nd.  In the past I stayed at Hotel Ambassador on 9 de octubre in Quito and they held my stuff for months at no charge while I was away.

Solution #2:  The South American Explorers in Quito has historically provided free storage for its members.  saexplorers.org

cccmedia in Quito