Biomet buses from Sofia to Velico Tarnovo

Hi  I need to get a Biomet bus from the central bus station In Sofia at 10.30pm to Velico Tarnovo.  I am trying to find out if I can buy a ticket on the Biomet bus

Hi, you can buy tickets on the bus station directly(inside the building, not on the bus) or through an online portal(http://busticket.bg/), but it is in bulgarian only. There are a few other bus companies that you can get from there as well. Just keep in mind they arrive at 2 different places in Veliko Tyrnovo(10 minutes walk between them, but still, if somebody is meeting you there, you need to tell the company you are travelling with)

hi thanks for info,we was struggaling with the online booking,never been on the bus befor,we should be in v.t abt 2am,is there taxi's around the bus stations,as need to get to the hotel,we probubly have a grumpy 3year old by then,do you know of any car hire firms in v.t.reguards  mark

Usually, if it is not some kind of holiday, there are no problems buying tickets directly from the bus station. The companies that are travelling to Veliko Tyrnovo from central bus station are Biomet, Union Ivkoni and Etap Group. I think there is a bus from Union Ivkoni around 22:00 and from the other company around 21:30 and 00:30, so even if you miss one there is almost on every hour/30 minutes(last being in 00:30). The time to Veliko Tyrnovo is around 3 hours currently, if you have to schedule it. There are taxis at both places where you can arrive. You can also call one from where you are(price for calling a taxi to pick you up is under 1BGN additionally to the overall price) There are not a lot of fake taxis in Veliko Tyrnovo, but the best companies are Euro Taxi(written as "Евро Такси" in bulgarian) and City Invest. You can expect to pay under 5 BGN from the bus station to the hotels in Veliko Tyrnovo. I can't advice for car hire companies on top of my mind, but I'll be in Veliko Tyrnovo from next Wednesday and can check for some good ones, if you need.

hi that be good thanks for help,paniking at mo because lots to do and time ticking,we have been trying to find properties for long let but struggaling as ajents i'v found only want to sell,so any ideas be helpful,we've got our son in a school so can look round,once again thanks...

When you buy your ticket in Sofia bus station make sure you have VT (велико Търново) written in Cyrillic as it won't be written in Latin. There are many different booths selling tickets and you can buy the tickets for VT from the booths on the end of the right hand side line, facing you as you walk into the station. Ventom is right and taxi drivers in VT are unlikely to rip you off as is common in Sofia and there'll be taxis in both stations, and yes, around 5lev to get into town. If you're really worried, you could ask your hotel for a pick up at the station but will probably cost you more!

Some more tips here http://travelin2bulgaria.com/?p=382:)

Hi dibach

Thanks for that, that is great info,as we will be arriving at 9pm in Sofia airport, and will probably have a grumpy 3 year old.
Thanks again Mark

Ahh, thought you were arriving at the bus station. If you're arriving at the airport, there are shuttle buses to the bus station which are cheaper but if you take a taxi make sure you get one through the official office which you'll find inside the airport.

hi,thanks will do,all info gr8 thanks,we have 11 hur wait at istanbull befour we get to sofia,so time saved in b.g much needed as our 3 1/2 year old be grumpy by then.thanks again