Forest land

Hi all,

The property am planning to buy land part of it is the plot where the house is (2000sqm) and the other part adjacent to the plot is registered as forest (5000 sqm). I understand am not allowed to build a house in the forest part. Will I be allowed though to build some sheds for animals (goats, sheep etc)?

Talking to the agent about I got this answer: " anything that doesn't have solid permanent foundations should not be a problem". Any one had a similar case with forest to let me know what is the actual status concerning the matter ?

I will appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Dear Evan,

On the forest land can not be constructed buildings or other massive constructions, only sheds, as the trees /part of the forest/ have to be kept not cutted.

Kind regars
Nedi

Thanks Nedi,

I have no intentions to cut ANY tree! I love trees and in my plans is to plant a lot of pines there.

As for the " massive constructions" are not again in my plans. I need some small wooden sheds for 5-6 goats, chickens, horses etc.

Thanks again

Evangelos

I would suggest small sheds on skids that can be easily moved if necessary. 
They would not have permanent solid foundations.
Make them modular so that 2 or more can be linked together to make a good sized shed for goats, but still easily moved.

Hi I think as long as the building is under 32sq meters it should be ok but you need to be open about this inform the mayor and I also think you can fell trees every 15 years appox 10% , hope this helps but please check