Moving to sand pedro, murcia in oct from uk!!!!!

:DAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah im so excited lol! I am 31 yrs old i have 3 kids aged 12, 11 and 7, my fiance is 27. I have found an apartment in san pedro which is suitable and not too expensive to begin with and am paying 6 month rent in advance which im hoping is long enough for us to both find work. I am trying my best to learn spanish as i know this will give me a better chance of finding work. I want to give my children a more relaxed and enjoyable way of life, im not naive enough to think that its going to be one massive holiday, i know we will both have to work hard and will prob have even less time on our hands than we do in the UK, but all im looking for is the time we do have together as a family, to be of a better quality, i am researching as much as i can before i go but there is only so much i can do from here. The lady who i am renting the apartment from has been a great help to me in providing me with local info on schools etc, but not much i can do til i see them, I am a born worrier and like to be super organised and in control, i wasnt like that before i had kids haha! I guess i am just looking for people to tell me their experiences, to tell me if its harder to live in spain, what things they miss about home, and the things they dont miss (dont all say rain!) haha im convinced in a previous life i lived somewhere searing hot! this weather really depresses me! When i decided to move to spain i had no clue which area of it would be best to move to and didnt know where to find out! I have been researching and emailing for 4 months and to this day i cannot remember how i found murcia or why! I like to think it is fate! I have fallen in love with it and i have never even been!.
Okay so thats me! sorry to waffle on but im really excited about the move!!!
Thanks for reading folks!:D

Welcome to Expat.com, Tina :)
I'll move your topic to Murcia's forum.
It might help you make contacts prior to arrival.
Best of luck in this new adventure :)
Cheers
Arlette

ok so just a quick update on the way things are going for me and mine, i am in the process of selling my belongings here and getting ready for our new life. I cant seem to get enough done and the lady i had arranged a long term rental with is no longer contacting me. I was already nervous about renting or arranging anything whilst im stuck here because i have an overwhelming fear that im going to e scammed only to land in murcia and have absolutely nowhere to go with my children, so plan B....... im going to rent a holiday let for a week to make sure we have somewhere to go on landing, plus it will give us time to view different apartments. I was going to go over and view and then come back for my kids but have decided to take them with seeing as though we have a holiday let for a week. Plus it will give me an idea how they feel about the place too. At the moment im looking online at long term rentals and hoping to squeeze quite a few into the week we are there and then im hoping its as simple as view, pay deposit, sign contract, move in!!! is it really going to be that easy?
Anyone who has done this or has any advice on it, your comments would be greatly received as im doubting myself right now.
oh and anyone who lives in murcia, any advice and bus routes to schools (not private) and shopping centres etc and lettings agents would be great!!!

thanx xxx

Hi, i know the feeling we moved 9 years ago with 2 kids 11 and 9. We are happy we did the move. it was not easy but worth the effort. For the rental do not worry there are 1000Žs houses for rent. most detached villas you can get for 400-450 euros. About work, i am founder of Healthy Coffee here in Spain and maybe a good start for you. You can work from home and learn how to live in spain. Just contact me if you think its interesting for you (both). If you have any question about living in Spain do ask me. Good luck

Peter Wolff
Elche, Alicante

Hiya
the area you are looking at is five minutes from me, the rent will be much more than 400-450 for a detached villa, but will rent an apartment, San pedro is an area i know fairy well, we have lived here for 8 years, what are your trades....

Faruk, you're :offtopic:!
You should maybe read the Guide of Life in Spain and if you have more questions, post a new topic in Murcia forum :)
Hope this helps.