Travelling to Thailand from Kaula Lampur by bus

I have experience in travelling from KL to Bangkok bus.
First go to Pudu Central bus station, which is close to Bukit Bintang. It is better to go on the day before you hope to travel so that you can book a seat. If you want to buy the ticket on the same day you travel, it is advisable to go at about 9 am.

You should buy a ticket to Hat yai, which is the closest city to border. The ticket maby be less than 25 USD. If tickets are unavailable to Hat yai, your second option is to catch a Chang loon bus. ( There are many brokers trying to take you to the counter. But better to go directly)

The road to Hat yai is nice. Buses are comfortable. Normally it takes 8 hours to go to the border. The buses stop at a few places to have food. If you travel by a Chang loon bound bus, you have to get off and take a taxi to go to the border. By taxi, it is just a 10 minute drive. In the evening, there is much traffic and the line is long to Immigration counter. If you are from a developing country, keep about 600 USD in your hand to show immigration officers.

After travelling to Hat yai bus halt, it is easy to find a cheap room. On the cross roads, there are a few hotels. Hat yai is close to Phuket, which is very popular. From Hat yai, you can get bus to Bangkok. Journey is 12 hours.

Hi Kaushalya80,

Thank you for this sharing of information. :)

Regards

Priscilla

Other option is take a bus from KL to Butterworth and then take a train to BKK where you get to sleep on train.

If I was doing the tourist bit, I'd plan a route that stops in a lot of places, spending a day in each.