Moving to Greece

I am a retired American academic planning on moving to Greece. Can anyone give me information of where to find some particulars about the process like how and to whom you pay income tax et cetera.

thanks

jack...

Hello and welcome to Expat.com, Jack!

Did you already get a chance to read the topics of the forum? Maybe it contains already the info you require?

Hope this helps!
Cheers
Arlette

Hello Jack,
You really chose the 'hot topic' of the moment when you asked about income tax etc. It is a bit changeable at the moment, as I am sure you are aware. Definitely consult with an expert on that after looking at the advice already posted on Expat.com.
I live in Athens so I can only really tell you a bit about life in in the capital.. I have a web site where I post the short videos I make about Athens. If you are interested in seeing English language videos on places to visit, local events, interviews with interesting Athenians etc. then check out my web site athensliving.net. I think you will find it inspires you to spend some time in Athens!
Good luck,
Corinne

Hi

read as much expat websites etc and ask a good greek friend to help you  at the the tax office etc to get your papers/bills/hospital visits etc. also if you speak greek thats a big bonus.

hope that helps.

Hi, i am working as an economist/accountant. If you need any tips just ask.