Buy land after marry a filippina

I think you're thinking too far ahead, and making yourself confused. Before you think of buying property for you and your gf,  first, you have to set foot in this country. Live here for a year and see if you will like it. After that, look at your options.

Second, about the wedding costs, again, you are thinking too far ahead.  Get to know your girlfriend, her family and friends first. Are you planning to work here or do you have a pension which is enough such that you do not have to work? If it's the latter, why don't you plan the wedding yourself. If you intend to do this, assume that everyone is going to take advantage of you. A family member of friend might suggest where to get catering, flowers, photography, etc., who then will overcharge you so that the referring person will get a kickback. Even the purchase of the property. It is likely that someone will get something from you.

Third, the 300k peso wedding, property, babies (from previous posts), what is the common denominator in all these? MONEY, as in YOUR MONEY. Who is putting these things in your head? Your gf? Who is used to living a provincial life. Hmmm. Take a step back. Relax. Because I think you're slowly getting overwhelmed and confused, which in turn could make you feel miserable.

Is your gf Catholic?  I cannot imagine your not knowing her feelings about a church wedding vs a civil wedding to save money.  I know an American and a Cypriot who married their Filipina GF's in a civil ceremony but agreed to and had a church wedding the following year.  300k may be a little steep, but expect to throw a reception to which all of her family and friends are invited and expect to be well fed.  If people want to drink alcohol, let them bring their own.  You need to do a lot of research.

I agree come here rent here live with her for a year. Get to know the family. Many think of a American husband as her and the families new ATM here.   Mine is not to bad but I still get hit some for money. Never any money back. On the other hand they do repay in pork, goat. chickens, and produce from the farm. But money forget that.

i am almost 5 years that i go in philippines so if i sum all month i was in philippines , i think it is more then one year. i non have pension so i am thinking do some business,
yes you are right that i have to talk with my girlfriend. and i am talking with her but still we didn't settle nothing.
yes you are right again i have for now confused, that is why i write here for have help for clear everything.
anyway thanks for all

spaaqua19 wrote:
Johnsugden wrote:

Hi there I hope this helps you

When you buy a condo as a westerner we can buy outright
they sell 40% of every tower to westerners and 60% local purchase

Thanks for your great response, this may be very help for me also

@ spaaqua & Johnsudgen,  Please be reminded that the only condo units in which a foreigner can legally hold title in his/her name must first start out with the CCT (Condominium Certificate of Title) and can't have the TCT (which is mostly used for ownership of land, residential house and lot.  Not all condos in the PI have CCT and even if they do have the CCT and the last foreigner to purchase a unit resulted in the total percent reaching 40%, the next would be purchaser is blocked by law to purchase it.  There are even less Town homes with CCT … no matter, even if a retired person wants to go the route of a SRRV (Smile program), the PRA (The Philippine Retirement Authority will not assist or allow the release of the min $10,000 deposit to any properties that are not CCT & with all other requirements met including the 40% max not being reached.

I agree get to know the girl. Live a year here with her. You should know by then. And yes even her family takes me for some. And I have a good one.  Like Christmas I offered to buy the pig  for the cook out. for Christmas diner.  Next they want the pig bought 3 months early so they can feed it to a hog. As they invited guest. They think that is meeting you 1/2 way.  Forget ever getting Money you loan to them back. My inlaws will not part with cash. They farm so they think fresh farm goods is payment back. Or small motor repair or what ever they can do. But cash never seen any come back yet. There idea of pay back is never cash just goods or service.  Such is the Philippines.

if you are mrred then get devorce more than likely you well get no part of house

usatom560007 wrote:

if you are mrred then get devorce more than likely you well get no part of house

Divorce in the Philippines?