Monthly Package Salary 13500 MYR - is that enough to live and save?

Hi,

I am coming to KL next month . monthly package they offer me 13500 MYR  . i want to rent a 1 BHK apartment in Plaza Sentral Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, 50470 Malaysia area . what is the monthly rent of 1 BHK apartment in this or near by area .Do i live a descent life with this amount in KL. I am cmoing with my wife.

Hello mank4u

kindly note that a new thread has been created on the Kuala Lumpur forum as from your post, to help you get better interactions.

While waiting for others to give you some information, I invite you to browse on others threads dealing with the same issue in our cost of living in Kuala lumpur section of the forum.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Salary level is good. But your wife will struggle in the Malaysian environment. You can probably save about RM4-5k per month. But your standard of living will be the same as in India. If you want to live the expat lifestyle then dont live in Sentral/Brickfields. It is rather a run down area which is beginning to be modernised.  A bit dodgy after dark and a bit fake and touristic.