MOM Asking for More Documents for my EP

Hi I have been in Singapore for almost 5 years. I have had 3 jobs here, first one for 8 months, second one for 2 years and 8 Months, and the third (my current) for 1 year 7 months. I am on a P1 currently, I am earning 8k p/m - but earn around 6-8k in bonus and commission payments per month. (last tax assessment showed I earnt 150k and the year before 167k - in basic and commissions)

I have recently been offered a new job, signed the papers, and they have applied for my EP - the new company is paying me 14k p/m and bonus comms will be quarterly (hence the higher basic)

I have 15 years of work experience 10 in the relevant field.

My application has been pending for a week, then my prospective new employers HR emailed me to say that MOM require additional documents namely;
1. contract of employment
2. Last Tax assessment
3. Company's existing business contracts with three of their largest clients...

Company submitted all the docs including my last 2 years of tax assessment - (the said the application is not rejected, but saying they need more documents to verify) - now i am just waiting... for a decision.

Should I be worried? Or is this something normal now? Few people in HR have told me that it is because of the fairly big jump in salary? - any advice would be much appreciated as I am keen to get started in my role!!!!

Thanks

MoM asking for additional information just means they are having a closer look, which is pretty common these days (as are rejections, by the way!). I think it's probably because of the big jump in salary and thus nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the reply Beppi. Would this take three weeks as an "appeal" or will they look at it similar to a new application?

It takes as long as it takes - anywhere between two days and two months - and there is nothing you can do but wait. Patience is a virtue!