Job offer

I have been sent an offer by a recruitment company:
8000 aed + yearly ticket + shared accommodation on them + visa.. That package comes as an offer for me to become a teacher in Dubai.
Ps: 8000 aed = 2178$
Take it or further see if the salary is debatable or ask to see more offers from other schools??
Thanks in advance.

I think is an average offer for Dubai. Mind you, the accommodation is very expensive their and your company seem to have covered this. Compared to Saudi you will definitely have a good life (in general) there.

For a school teacher , who is single !

It's a good offer :)

What about medical insurance , that matters , is it included ?

gunner757 wrote:

For a school teacher , who is single !

It's a good offer :)

What about medical insurance , that matters , is it included ?

I will ask them about that but I am just concerned because people say the expenses in Dubai are too much and I am not sure the 2178 will be enough to cover the basics and allow me to save some money

Biochemtea wrote:

I will ask them about that but I am just concerned because people say the expenses in Dubai are too much and I am not sure the 2178 will be enough to cover the basics and allow me to save some money

The accomodation is the most expensive part and since it has been taken care by the employer, so in my opinion it sounds a good deal !! Good Luck

You're getting accommodation , as you're single , it will be shared !

Apart from that , it's an OK Package !

2178 $ are just for your expenses , shopping etc , now it depends on how much you shop :P

gunner757 wrote:

You're getting accommodation , as you're single , it will be shared !

Apart from that , it's an OK Package !

2178 $ are just for your expenses , shopping etc , now it depends on how much you shop :P

Haha well I definitely accept shared accommodation but umm.. At least the condition of the shared accommodation must be acceptable. I mean can you imagine 5 girls sharing one room or even 3 sharing a room? And 7 sharing idk one bathroom. Gee that ain't a living condition :P

You're right  , but am sure it will be a proper accommodation in a good ratio of sharing :D

Even if you don't like the shared accommodation I guess you can opt out and take housing allowance , not sure , just have a talk with your employer !

Then rent will be a bit heavy on your savings !

A studio would be enough for you costing around 500$ or less , not sure about Dubai :)

Any more queries , feel free to ask  :gloria

gunner757 wrote:

You're right  , but am sure it will be a proper accommodation in a good ratio of sharing :D

Even if you don't like the shared accommodation I guess you can opt out and take housing allowance , not sure , just have a talk with your employer !

Then rent will be a bit heavy on your savings !

A studio would be enough for you costing around 500$ or less , not sure about Dubai :)

Any more queries , feel free to ask  :gloria

Thanks for the reassurance Captain :D

You can ask your agency for details on the accommodation and possible some photos. If you like it and the arrangement with sharing....i think it is decent offer to begin with. Food and others is just the same as everywhere else in GCC, more or less.

My pleasure , helping others :)

Don't thank me :P , just teach me the periodic table  :offtopic:

gunner757 wrote:

My pleasure , helping others :)

Don't thank me :P , just teach me the periodic table  :offtopic:

Hah! Is there anything to be taught about it? I can teach you about the classification though :p

See Moneywise you know your needs better. But, initially going and taking experience there is no harm. you can start with it and later find yourself a better oppurtunity there itself after knowing place around.

Also tell us how you got the offer through job portal or a consultant. it can help many looking to shift dubai.

'Good life' is  subjective. To some, living in Saudi is better. I'd say you'll have a different life in Dubai.

Stay away from the malls and you should be fine.

akavishu wrote:

See Moneywise you know your needs better. But, initially going and taking experience there is no harm. you can start with it and later find yourself a better oppurtunity there itself after knowing place around.

Also tell us how you got the offer through job portal or a consultant. it can help many looking to shift dubai.

Well so far I am not sure where this is going or whether the recruiting company will stick to its word so I will not expose people to such a company without knowing whether the services are to be trusted. Once I am sure I will dedicate a post for that.