Staying and waiting for e-residence

Hi,

Looking for a simple direct answer please. I'm not sure if this has been covered.

Can someone stay beyond their current legal time period to stay in Malta while awaiting an e-residence decision/application to be processed?

Regards,

Yes! I arrived in Malta in April 2013 and only received my EID card at the end of September 2013. At the moment, it shouldn't take that long to be processed anyway, some people have applied for it and got their cards within 2-3 weeks.

were still waiting for ours there is a backlog apparently .. almost 2 months of waiting... so if your applying now it may take longer .. i think its because they are on summer hours

yes

Hi,

Thank you so much everyone!

Regards,

are you a citizen of an EU country ? If so, your legal obligation is only  to apply

Hi,

To confirm yes I am and my wife is non-eu but the office in Valletta said all is fine.

Quick question,
Is it ok to leave Malta for holiday or work while waiting for the card?
Thanks 😄

Hi Guys,

I quick update, we received our letter to go and collect our cards. We applied 4 weeks ago tomorrow.

Hope this information helps those still waiting.

Regards,

Chris

ugh thats unfair , i have been waiting 8 weeks nearly now ... what did i do wrong

Hi,

Probably nothing to be honest. Depends on the different situations etc. I have read and heard after all my research that some people have waited up to 6 months before and they then were due to fly off somewhere or leave/move etc a month later lol so after all that waiting etc they now have to leave due to personal reasons. So, every situation is different.

The lady at the office however did recommend going down to see if your application is in processing. If it is, then no worries just wait. We didn't go down to check but after this week we would have seriously been looking to do it.

i went in and guess what , my card has been waiting for me since the 4th august they just havent sent me a letter .. how rude lol

so now i have my residence card :)