Accommodations for a Masters Student

Good afternoon everyone.
Thanks in advance and hope somebody can help me.

Due to academic reason Im moving to Malta to do a Masters Degree in Humanitarian Action. My flight arrives on September 22th.
I have no intentions of buying a car and I am in doubt about accommodation. Where is the best place to rent. Close to University area or in other region.
I've been to Malta once and I  believe the region of Msida is a good place because its close to the University of Malta but at the same time I have a problem with noise.
As my intention is exclusively academic, where would be a good place to live with a good cost benefit
Could someone give me a recommendation please?

Thanks and Regards.

Laura Turrini

if you want quiet then south of the island is good , you can bus from most areas ...

I don't consider the area around university to be particularly noisy. I'd choose somewhere within walking distance of the university so you can go home during free lessons if you want to. Msida university heights and swatar are the most convenient areas.

lambada wrote:

I don't consider the area around university to be particularly noisy. I'd choose somewhere within walking distance of the university so you can go home during free lessons if you want to. Msida university heights and swatar are the most convenient areas.

Except it is expensive!

coxf0001 wrote:
lambada wrote:

Except it is expensive!

Convenience comes at a cost I suppose :)

Dear Madame

Hope you are well. We have a room for you very close to University and it is situated on the same road.

The apartment / room are very clean and modern. Please tell me where we can send you some pictures of the apartment so you have a clear idea of what we are saying.

regards
Ian & lisianne

I thank you all for your kind attention.
I am going to stay in a friend's house for the 1st month and then with more time, I will look for another place close to the Uni.
Laura