Bike Licence

Hi guys, Need a complete and quick procedure to get my hands on the bike licence, with details of the time frame and the money involved. Thanx in advance for the replies !!

saimans wrote:

Hi guys, Need a complete and quick procedure to get my hands on the bike licence, with details of the time frame and the money involved. Thanx in advance for the replies !!

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=124838

javedakb wrote:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=124838

Thanx !  :)

vigneshhegde22 wrote:

Hi,
You don't need a licence to ride a bike in Saudi Arabia.

Then how can you transfer the bike on your name or purchase a new one ??  :|

You do need a license to ride a bike .. but is it easy to bring a bike from abroad to Saudi ??

They do sell bikes , Harley Davidson has showrooms in Khobar , Honda has their CBR Bikes too ;)

But I left my 2 bikes in India , thinking about how I could export them to Saudi  :(

Anyone has idea about importing bikes from India ??????

gunner757 wrote:

But I left my 2 bikes in India , thinking about how I could export them to Saudi  :(

Oh; talk to some shipping agency and you can import the same to saudi !!

DT20000 wrote:

You do need a license to ride a bike .. but is it easy to bring a bike from abroad to Saudi ??

Can you pls explain it a bit more !!

Thats pure BS that you don't need a bike lisence.

I have been riding for almost a year now here and you do need a license to ride a bike. It's a painful process though.

- Go to the driving school and get the papers for a bike license.
- Get your eye test done to get the papers stamped
- Take those stamped papers to a Police Station in Batha ( They will tell you the location ) and get your criminal background check done. ( This process is painful becacuse there are almost 1000 people there waiting to get that done as it's needed only for heavy vehicle license and bike license. I knew someone in maroor so go it done pretty easily but it will take you quite a while as people line up from 3 am at night! )
- Go back to the driving school and take the test on a honda 125 with a crocked handle.

I did all of the above and he failed me the test, I went back home and came the same day on my own bike ( 2013 GSXR600 ). Told the cop I ride this and I am gonna ride this here and you are going to pass me. He said fine, take a round, I took a round and he passed me!

You are going to be spending about 500-600 riyals in totality.

Now coming to riding part, I would give you an advise that be VERY cautious when you ride in Riyadh not because of the traffic but the road surface. It's unbelievelably slippery so first thing, get a pair of really wide and rough tyres for your bike. The road surface of khobar and jeddah are perfect but here it's just awful.

I have been in a couple of slips but one of them was due to oil on the road few weeks ago. So yeah please be very careful and do let me know what are you planning on getting!

iusman975 wrote:

I have been in a couple of slips but one of them was due to oil on the road few weeks ago. So yeah please be very careful and do let me know what are you planning on getting!

Thanx for the complete insight and Ride safe Bro !!

Right now I'm just planning to get the DL as I feel thats the biggest obstacle for keeping me away from the mean Machines ;)

Well yeah, Get a license first and see what suits your needs then. They will have a sale on Kawasaki by november to clear out the 2014 stocks so see if you can strike up a good deal.

Salam3likoum :D

do you need a licence for a 50cc moped or is an international British licence enough?? - also, only here on a business visa.

Hi,

Are you still in Saudi and riding? Since the post is very old and the GCC rules and procedures change very frequently, I just wanted to know if the procedures are the same now..and if possible, the costs too??

Regards,

Mohannad