How to find a job in San Francisco

Hi,

Are you an expat living in San Francisco? Let's share your experience! 

What is the best way to find a job in San Francisco?

The Internet? Please tell us which are the most useful / effective websites for job seekers in San Francisco.

Recruitment agencies? Have you got their contact?

Newspapers? Which ones?

organizations?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Try http://sfbay.craigslist.org/

This is very popular website to find jobs in SF. Also, networking is a must!

Hello there.im an expat from Philippines but has now migrated in California. :D

Hi thaedoya,

which advice would you give to people who are looking for a job in San Francisco ?

indeed.com is a good site to look for jobs -- it aggregates postings from lots of different sites and is easy to filter the results.

advice for looking for work really depends on what you're looking for.  of course now with technology it's possible to connect with people you haven't met -- so if you're active in an online community in your field, then that's one way to network.

if you're already in SF, another idea is meetup.com.  find a meet-up that's in your field of interest, and start meeting people.  tell them what you do, and what you're looking for.

Hi Thaedoya

Hope you are well. I just wanted to know how did you immigrate to California. I am planning to do the same thing, however it is a bit challenging to find a job at the moment.

This is a very old thread. You may want to PM the user directly.

Ruby Elizabeth wrote:

Hi Thaedoya

Hope you are well. I just wanted to know how did you immigrate to California. I am planning to do the same thing, however it is a bit challenging to find a job at the moment.

If you have been in the Middle East can we assume you were working in the medical field?  An RN who can pass the international nursing exam and can pass an English exam is the best bet.  Marrying a US citizen is a favorite path for many, either via fiance' or spousal visa.  GOOD LUCK.
(Thaedoya's last post on Expat.com was April, 2011)