Retiring to Malta

I am hoping to retire to Malta possibly next year.  Living in the USA I have the luxury of things like air conditioning and a 1200 sq foot condo, stores on every corner and an auto.  I probably would be petrified to drive in Malta.   I'm wondering what the price range is for renting nice flats in Malta in a nice area where I wouldn't feel so isolated as a single woman.  I was there last year for 2 months but did not pursue any of these things.  Thank you.

rents can range frome 150-20000 euros a month depending on what your looking for , time of year and how long you want the place for .location is another huge factor,
have a look at some of the malta property agencys for an idea of whats been advertised recently

I have PM'd you. However a caveat. Don't start making enquiries or looking too soon before you are due to arrive. The market changes very quickly and many people will not entertain your enquiries until you are close to arrival.
Also, if you are retiring seriously consider Gozo. It is quieter, greener, I would say it is safer, it has a good bus service and you get far more for your money here in terms of property.

Thank you.  I spent 2 months in Malta last year and the villages seem hard to determine the good ones from the not so good ones.  Meaning the safer ones.