E2 Visa Help

Hi Folks,

I am investigating the possibility of obtaining an E2 Visa. I am born and bred in the UK, Wife and young Child. Currently working in London as an IT professional looking to immigrate over to Tampa in Florida where I have family. (2nd generation)

I've had a hell of a time finding sponsorship for a H1B Visa, every recruitment agency says it takes to long to process.

So I thought since I've got a bit of money behind me I could invest say $80k in a Business and get an E2 Visa.

Does anyone know how feesable this is? I'm looking to buy a Pool Route.

Any help or advise in obtaining an E2 visa or any other type of business would be very much appreciated.

Jock84

jock84 wrote:

Hi Folks,

I am investigating the possibility of obtaining an E2 Visa. I am born and bred in the UK, Wife and young Child. Currently working in London as an IT professional looking to immigrate over to Tampa in Florida where I have family. (2nd generation)

I've had a hell of a time finding sponsorship for a H1B Visa, every recruitment agency says it takes to long to process.

So I thought since I've got a bit of money behind me I could invest say $80k in a Business and get an E2 Visa.

Does anyone know how feesable this is? I'm looking to buy a Pool Route.

Any help or advise in obtaining an E2 visa or any other type of business would be very much appreciated.

Jock84

Hi, welcome. I am a Sr. Network Engineer living in Tampa. The market isn't as big as Miami or Orlando. Have you tried looking there? Florida isn't that big of a state.

I'll answer your E2 question upon your reply.

Matt-