Problem with my Job appointment

Assalam u Alaikum, Hello all,

I have been offered a Job by MOH but i am facing one problem.

At the time of interview i was selected in Resident Pediatric Surgery and i signed on that form.  Now after few days i got my appointment letter from Saudi Arabia which says Resident General Surgery.

Now there is a big different between these two, i am afraid that i may land in general surgery instead of pediatric surgery. I am trained in pediatric surgery and i have no intention of getting back into general surgery.

My agent says that this is because of Visa issuance process and he is insisting on starting the visa processing, what should i do?

Dear Myelin,

Unprofessionalism is common in KSA and you will find such issues everywhere. Please clarify the situation with the hospital and let them clarify this in email so as to not demote or downgrade your specialization. It is quite possible they will ask you to do exactly general surgery.

Regards

live.ali wrote:

Dear Myelin,

Unprofessionalism is common in KSA and you will find such issues everywhere. Please clarify the situation with the hospital and let them clarify this in email so as to not demote or downgrade your specialization. It is quite possible they will ask you to do exactly general surgery.

Regards

I got the letter from Directorate of Riyadh Health Affairs, MOH, Saudi Arabia. But there is additional problem on their site their is no contact form:

http://www.riyadhealth.med.sa/Pages/default.aspx

Myelin wrote:
live.ali wrote:

Dear Myelin,

Regards

I got the letter from Directorate of Riyadh Health Affairs, MOH, Saudi Arabia. But there is additional problem on their site their is no contact form:

http://www.riyadhealth.med.sa/Pages/default.aspx

Why dont you ask your agent for the contact info of the delegate who appointed you, im sure they have it. It's an acceptable reason that you want to clarify them yourself about the issue. It has been a routine for me to get the contact details of my prospective employer once im accepted for the post, that is to thank them for the opportunity they have given or to negotiate my salary. And I have no problem when I ask it from the agent.