Foreigners (German+Filipino) seeking advice on moving to Germany

Hi, been lurking at Expat-Blog for a couple of days now & only saw closely-related situations so I felt the need to post (assuming there might be more people who can relate)  :cheers:

I'm a Filipina with a German boyfriend and planning to move to Germany by end year/early next year. We both work in Singapore.

I've read various comments that it's easier to get married in Denmark, fiance/marriage visas getting approved quickly to longer times - 6 months, etc.

My questions to the helpful members here are:
-given our status now, is it more convenient to get married in SG, Germany,  Denmark?
-if I'm an EP holder, is it considered being a resident in Singapore therefore we can get married here in SG, register the marriage & then apply for family reunification visa at the German embassy in SG?
-or should we go for a marriage visa, wherein we will get married in Germany?
-anyone out there with a similar situation, what did you do, how was the experience and how long did it take?

I've an inkling to what documents I require and it will be quite challenging :)

I've also emailed the enquiry to the German embassy in SG, let's see what they say.

Thanks in advance!

Marrying in Singapore is the easiest and most straightforward method.
(You don't need to be resident - anybody can marry in Singapore!)
Then get the marriage certificate legalised by the German embassy, and apply for a family reunion visa to move to Germany together.
I have done the same and it was easy. (Dealing with German officialdom after our move was the more difficult part - it took three months to get a work permit for my wife!)

Hi beppi, I was hoping to get some of your insight as I've seen your useful posts here. Thanks for that, I was also thinking it may be the most convenient way. Though being on a Filipino passport is another story  :P

3 months for your wife to get her work permit is good news!  I would think that's quick already.  Can I ask if she was given a residence permit first or is that work permit acting as residence permit?

Thanks a lot!

First you need to apply for a family reunion visa at the embassy. Since this is processed by the local authorities of the town you want to move to in Germany, this will also take time (three months in our case).
Then you move to Germany, where you need to register at the town council and apply for a residence permit at the foreigner office (Ausländerbehörde). This took 2.5 months and a lot of effort in our case.
Then you apply for a work permit at the labour agency (Arbeitsamt). This took 1-2 weeks in our case.

(I will ask the moderators to move this thread to the Germany forum, since it's more relevant there.)

Ok beppi! I wasn't sure which country forum to place it so I decided to post on my current residence.
I'll read more on the process at this point for now and keep this forum. This is really helpful!

Moved to the Germany forum.