Planning to move out in Kuala lumpur

Hi there,

I am working in MNC in India and
I am planning to move KL as I have offer as Senior Software engineer in KL. Need your help to understand below points.

1) What is the average salary in KL, I have been offered 10K including tax.
2) I would be moving with my family (wife and 2.5 ys old Kid)
3) What is about education in KL?
4) What is the total annual fees in decent English school.
5) Can a person have decent life in KL with family?
6) Cost of living in KL
7) I think there is 26% Tax deduction in first 6 months means I would be getting 7.4 K MYR in first 6 months.
would I get this tax deduction paid after 183 days as I heard this.
8) Rented accommodation with fully furnished- need to understand how we usually get it like broker,advance etc.

would appreciate if you can assist me with above queries.

Thanks!

Regards,
Akki

sorry my dear friend ....10k not enough if you bringing your family. Please ask more. Atleast RM15K

You can check an example of tuition costs here (but there are lots of other hidden charges for registration, etc.) so be prepared for some big upfront payments.

http://schooladvisor.my/?p=internationa … ala-lumpur

The fees at this school are average and RM35-50k per year at primary level. That is almost RM3k per month. There are other cheaper schools but whether you can live near enough and be able to commute to work needs to be worked out.

Depending on where you live, your housing will cost from RM3k upwards. You will probably need a car as public transport does not really connect. Purchasing is expensive because Malaysia has the second highest tax on cars. But you can hire from about RM1500 including insurance for a small run-around.

So just those things will have cost you RM7500 per month. I guess you are getting the picture.

Malaysia is about 30% more expensive than India but then being a foreigner also means additional costs. Income tax is also quite high for an emerging country.  You can work out your rates by using this link. There is a threshold where no tax is paid.  There is no refund of the 26% non-resident tax - it is just a flat rate and the same rate paid by people who earn over RM100k per year.

Income tax bands in Malaysia

When renting a property, the deposit is 2 1/2 months of the rental rate. So the first month need to be able to pay 3 1/2 months rent as you pay the first month in advance as well.

Thanks Dinesh for your response.

Thanks Gravitas for your help.