Bicycles in HCMC

Hi everyone, what is the distance from the less expensive districts such as 8, 11 and 12 to city center? Would it be reasonable to bike to work everyday if travelling between the two?

I was enjoying riding bicycle in Vietnam until I lost mine. Sharing my experience, it is  the traffic you have to concern. There is this crazy traffic jam around city center in commuting hour. You might want to try the road at 5Pm or 6PM before decide.
Except for traffic jam, it was very enjoyable to ride bicycle in HCMC.
Regarding distance... it is up to you really. I would say the distance between district 8 and 1 is not that far for riding in general point of view.

Thank you that was very helpful!

I ride my bicycle around HCMC only for exercise, and I'm usually soaked with sweat within 5-10 minutes. For  that reason alone, I would avoid riding a bicycle to work, unless I could shower and change clothes after arriving there.  It's just too hot here all the time to ride any distance without sweating. On top of that, you've got the rain to contend with, during rainy season. It's very difficult to stay dry on a bicycle, even wearing a rain poncho.

Ah, I forgot to mention about sweat.

Yeah.. you need to take shower after riding bicycle.