Short story about expat life in Munich

Hi,
I'm, writing some (fiction)stories about an American family who just moved to Munich and are still experiencing the culture shock of everyday life. In this example, Pam is the new expat housewife going grocery shopping. Hope you like it:

"But on the so called “darker side”, there was a major difference between German and American culture when it came to shopping. Pam went to a local store near home and placed all her groceries on the cashier's conveyor belt. She noticed there was no “bag boy” who would ask for either “paper or plastic” and pack the groceries with a friendly smile.
Instead the cashier lady would rapidly laser-scan the products and pile them up at the edge of the counter and say to Pam, with a bored face, the final sum to pay in a sing-song dialect to make understanding almost impossible. After Pam paid and began to take her stack of groceries off the cashier's counter, the unfriendly cashier would ruthlessly scan groceries for the next customer, mixing things in the same pile Pam hadn't finished putting away! This form of supermarket “Customer Service” appeared to be universal in Germany and complaining about their system either to the cashier or the manager accomplishes absolutely nothing. Pam simply had to learn to take the groceries off the counter as soon as the cahier scanned them."

HI FROM PORTUGAL!

IT'S THE SAME IN MANY OTHER COUNTRIES. ONE HAS TO BE QUICK, HOLD A GROCERY BAG IN ONE'S HAND AND,START PUTTING EACH ITEM IN THE BAG THE MINUTE THEY HAVE BEEN REGISTERED. ONE SHOULD ONLY MAKE THE RESPECTIVE PAYMENT WHEN ALL GROCERIES HAVE BEEN PLACED IN ONE'S GROCERY BAG.

ANZARINA

Not at all in Singapore.

You visit Singapore. The cashier herself offer a plastic bag and put all in the plastic with friendly smile and give it to you with a Thank you.'

Such a great country I miss ya my home my Singapore