Legal foreign worker in Vietnam

Hi,
I've read some topics about jobs for expats in Vietnam. Is there anyone know about labour license? Is anyone required this when looking for a job? Please share information. I've checked the law but wanted to find more info. I plan to work with expats.
Thank you in advance

Are you an employer? :)

little pepper wrote:

Hi,
I've read some topics about jobs for expats in Vietnam. Is there anyone know about labour license? Is anyone required this when looking for a job? Please share information. I've checked the law but wanted to find more info. I plan to work with expats.
Thank you in advance

Are you asking about a Labour contract, or a Work Permit?

Her thread is ambiguous  :)
I think she is an employer who wish to hire foreigners.

bluenz wrote:

charmavietnam wrote:

Her thread is ambiguous  :)
I think she is an employer who wish to hire foreigners.

bluenz wrote:

Yes she was previously advertising for Tour guides.

I want to ask about work permit, but I don't want hire a tour guide because that is not my business I plan to do. Just wanna know about your experience when looking for a job in Vietnam

Again, you didn't mentioned what exactly you need  :)
To obtain a work permit you should apply in the prescribed form with necessary documents.
All of us have different experiences  when we look for a job in Vietnam  :)

little pepper wrote:

I want to ask about work permit, but I don't want hire a tour guide because that is not my business I plan to do. Just wanna know about your experience when looking for a job in Vietnam

I wondered that you have to show your labour license before signing contract with your employers or not?

What do you mean by 'labour license?
I don't think that's a document (?) needed to sign a labour contract with the employer!

little pepper wrote:

I wondered that you have to show your labour license before signing contract with your employers or not?

Em oi!
First of all try to ask your questions without confusion.
I think you want to employ some foreigners in your company. In that case you don't need a Labour License but you should inform and get approval from the concerned authority(DOLISA) in your province/city  prior 30 days of any recruitment of foreigner.
If you have enough time you can go through the details below:

http://vietnamnews.vn/economy/252836/ci … gners.html

http://www.dfdl.com/easyblog/entry/new- … you-worry-

charmavietnam wrote:

Em oi!
First of all try to ask your questions without confusion.
I think you want to employ some foreigners in your company. In that case you don't need a Labour License but you should inform and get approval from the concerned authority(DOLISA) in your province/city  prior 30 days of any recruitment of foreigner.
If you have enough time you can go through the details below:

http://vietnamnews.vn/economy/252836/ci … gners.html

And prior , means BEFORE. which is stupid, because it can mean a Foreigner may need to make 2 trips to VN , before starting work.

I think the employer should submit a request for the approval of appointing foreigners to their firm before 30 days. There is no need of the presence of the candidate. After obtain the approval from the DOLISA, the employer may appoint a foreigner as their employee. Thereafter employer can apply for Visa / Work Permit/ Temporary Residence Card on behalf of the foreign employee respectively.

bluenz wrote:

And prior , means BEFORE. which is stupid, because it can mean a Foreigner may need to make 2 trips to VN , before starting work.

charmavietnam wrote:

I think the employer should submit a request for the approval of appointing foreigners to their firm before 30 days. There is no need of the presence of the candidate. After obtain the approval from the DOLISA, the employer may appoint a foreigner as their employee. Thereafter employer can apply for Visa / Work Permit/ Temporary Residence Card on behalf of the foreign employee respectively.

bluenz wrote:

When I was employing someone , I would like to meet them in person first, ( and have them do capability test ), as many employers still do, ( in the real world ), and that would either mean 2 trips, or a 30 day wait , ( and hope the application is approved ). But this is VN, and beggers can't be choosers?

There are many convenient ways to meet the candidate directly or indirectly to recruit.
Many international companies do it by outsourcing people or recruitment agencies of the candidate's place. To interview a candidate it's very easy in this hi-tech age  :)
Normally companies appoint someone based on their resume, previous experience, recommendations,etc.
Some employers prefer a demo (ie:- Teacher position). That's very few.
When we think about international labour market, it's clear that many candidates get job without a physical presence! There are few exceptions too!

bluenz wrote:

When I was employing someone , I would like to meet them in person first, ( and have them do capability test ), as many employers still do, ( in the real world ), and that would either mean 2 trips, or a 30 day wait , ( and hope the application is approved ). But this is VN, and beggers can't be choosers?

charmavietnam wrote:

There are many convenient ways to meet the candidate directly or indirectly to recruit.
Many international companies do it by outsourcing people or recruitment agencies of the candidate's place. To interview a candidate it's very easy in this hi-tech age  :)
Normally companies appoint someone based on their resume, previous experience, recommendations,etc.
Some employers prefer a demo (ie:- Teacher position). That's very few.
When we think about international labour market, it's clear that many candidates get job without a physical presence! There are few exceptions too!

bluenz wrote:

When I was employing someone , I would like to meet them in person first, ( and have them do capability test ), as many employers still do, ( in the real world ), and that would either mean 2 trips, or a 30 day wait , ( and hope the application is approved ). But this is VN, and beggars can't be choosers?

You are mainly talking about white collar workers.( you know, the ones that never get their hands dirty ).
Unfortunately I've employed a few people on their bogey references/resumes, ( CV's ),  so called previous experience, and fancy pieces of paper, and they have been useless, sometimes Employers will give a useless employee a glowing reference, in the hope they will leave for another job, because the PC crowd has made it so difficult to sack useless pricks.
Many Employment Agencies will sometimes push anyone your way, because as soon as they start working, the agency starts making $'s. ( they learn the hard way , when people stop using them )
   Welcome to the real world.

:huh:

Thank you, Charmavietnam & Bluenz. My question seemed to make so much confusion, that was my bad. Any way, you two helped me too much and I really appreciate that. I had my answer now and I will consider carefully before posting questions here