Citizenship rights to the child born in Malaysia

Hi,
Currently, I am working in UAE but my company is planning to shift me to Malaysia later this year (May be in October). My wife has a pregnancy of 1 month right now. I need to know:

1) Can I call her to Malaysia in the month of November (Assuming that I'll take a month to settle down)? Will there be any visa related to issues for her as she would be 7 month's pregnant at that time.
2) If she comes and delivers a baby there, will that child get the citizenship of Malaysia? If, yes what all rights that child has?

Thanks

There are no inheritance rights for children born in Malaysia. They take the nationality of their parents.

Many thanks for the information. I have one more doubt related to the living cost there. I am company will pay me around 11300MYR as salary. Is this a decent amount to sustain a family of 3.

If not, what could be the minimum salary expectation one should have in KL. I have heard that accommodation is quite cheap as compared to UAE but the Tax for expats nullifies the same. What is the tax imposed on expats?

Thanks

Well its good salary to be honest. First year after 1 June you will pay 26% tax. Thereafter about 15-20%. You can easily live here on the residual salary. Only issue will be health care. Child and wife should be covered by company. Kids have lots of expenses in the first 3 years.

Thanks a ton for your help. I might need your expert advice in future as well.

Many thanks again.

The largest expense after housing will be transportation (private vehicle). Buying is very expensive because of the mark-up on foreign vehicles, but lower prices for ones built in the country (RM 60k for new vehicle). Leasing is anything from RM2k per month and its best to get a legitimate contract so the insurance is valid. I am not sure quality of life is equal to the middle east. Malaysia has a completely different "flavour" and it is still a developing country and not modernised completely. As about 10% of the population are of Indian or Sri Lankan decent, there can be a bit of a ghetto mentality.

Hi of course Gravitas is right about citizenship. But the salary isn't a lot in Malaysia. However if it is good or not depends on your experience and role. I lost a local staff member in late 20s just now with an offer of 10k elsewhere. Salaries are going up in Selangor. Most consider that ok with no kids. He earns another 6k a month on the side I know to make ends meet. Life is expensive in kl if you want a middle class lifestyle

Nemodot reminds me of the extensive debt that Malaysian's incur, just to live a comfortable life.  I think it is sad that people from other developing countries come here, and end up with not much of a bettering of their standard of living.

The Eldorado that WAS Malaysia, is long past. The streets are being cleared of illegal immigrants and barriers are being put up to restrict people from being able to live legally in Malaysia.  Don't tangle with the tiger that is the Malaysian authorities.

Third world nationalities are no longer really tolerated as cheap labour. Even those jobs on a different turn of the spiral are being done by Malaysian, young and old.