Going to Bahrain, do I need an entry-exit visa?

I'm going to Dammam on buisness for the next 10 days and was thinking of taking a day trip to Bahrain. My question is do I travel with my iqama or my passport? If passport do I need an entry-exit visa?

Of course you need an Exit/Re-Entry Visa. All trips outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for expat Iqama holders require an Exit/Re-Entry Visa at all times.

Thanks Musicman!

Oh, so true.  Doubt you'll get it in time if you're arriving on the 1st.

now you can use your mobile for exit-re-entry see
Issuing exit-reentry visas just got easier!
http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cf … 0041869711

syeda wrote:

WOW! if thats true, these people are gonna be rich with 20 riyals only coz of me!!!!

but, i heard that it is only for the dependents visa we can apply online...still our sponsor (company) has to do it, even online...
hope i heard wrong

Yep yep thats only for dependents.

Hi, just saw this old post. Am planning to go from Riyadh to Dammam by train and then by car to Bahrain through the causeway. Just wanted to know that do expats working in KSA require iqama or passport to go to Bahrain. I already have multiple exit/re-entry visa. Is visit visa given on arrival at the border control and how much does it cost.

How much will taxi charge from Dammam to Bahrain?

Thanks,

huja|omarshuja wrote:

Just wanted to know that do expats working in KSA require iqama or passport to go to Bahrain.

Like any other international border crossing, you'll need the passport (NOT Iqama).

huja|omarshuja wrote:

Is visit visa given on arrival at the border control and how much does it cost.

Yes, on border.

huja|omarshuja wrote:

How much will taxi charge from Dammam to Bahrain?

250 one way I guess.

Thanks a lot. Please also intimate how much do they charge for the visit visa.

15-20 SAR as I remember.

syeda wrote:

are you sure... Syeda about this news..

@Aftab, this is true but it's not for most of us. It's for dependents.
By the way, this facility is available since 3 years as I know.

For employees, they have to get the exit re-entry from their employers human resource department.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

@Aftab, this is true but it's not for most of us. It's for dependents.
By the way, this facility is available since 3 years as I know.

For employees, they have to get the exit re-entry from their employers human resource department.

Thanks you very much... !

Thanks for your reply.

Since Im new here so have a little confusion. I'll be giving back original iqama to my employer and take the passport. Am I allowed to travel from Riyadh to Dammam without original iqama and only with original Passport. The first visa with which I entered the country has expired a month ago.

What should I tell if someone asks at any point about the iqama or the visa. Or should I show them a photocopy of iqama.

Will this create any problems?

Need your expert opinion on this. Thanks.

@huja,
Bearing one of them (Passport or Iqama) is enough. Any checking authorities on the check posts can see that you have the original passport accompanied with the exit re-entry visa; and you are good to go.

Every time your passport expires, the new passport is issued from your country's embassy. After that it goes to 'Jawazat' for 'Information Transfer' (Nagal-Maloomat), which necessarily consist of replicating the visa info from old to new passport. So don't worry, your passport always have visa info on it (even your iqama number written).

In a nutshell, there is absolutely no need to worry for the concerns you have mentioned.

2 more things:

1- I checked with someone who visited Bahrain recently. The visa charges are now Zero.

If you are going using your own car: You have to pay 20 SAR to get onto the cause-way (call it 'toll tax'). Then 20 SAR for your car insurance in Bahrain.

2- It's a good idea to keep a photo-copy of iqama along.

Thanks a lot TheLegendLeads!

I went to Bahrain over the weekend. Everything went well, the drive as well as the immigration. Didnt explored Bahrain much. Just wanted to see the route this time.

Planning gain for next week. Thanks for all the help.

I wanted to know one more thing. My brother (presently in europe) wants to come to KSA from there and then visit Bahrain for 2 days, come back to KSA and then fly back to europe. Is this possible. Will he need multiple exit and re-entry visa of KSA also and will he be able to get Bahrain visa on arrival at the immigration.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Glad to be of help @huja,

If your brother is an iqama holder, he'll need 'multiple exit and re-entry visa'. Otherwise he'll need a 'multiple entry visa'.

I am British, holding Igama, plan to go to Bahrain for a weekend and then go back to Uk for a holiday in August. Can I apply for one Multi-Exit/re-entry visa only to do both of the trips? I am wondering if Multi-Exit/Re-entry visa is one country specific only?  Can anybody share these with me, please?

Serry

serrysa wrote:

I am British, holding Igama, plan to go to Bahrain for a weekend and then go back to Uk for a holiday in August. Can I apply for one Multi-Exit/re-entry visa only to do both of the trips? I am wondering if Multi-Exit/Re-entry visa is one country specific only?  Can anybody share these with me, please?

Serry

Multiple Entry/Exit Visa is 'NOT' One country Specific. It means you can leave Magic Kingdom anytime you want to and can enter anytime you want to, depending on the validity of your Visa. :)

And yes you can apply for Multiple Exit/entry Visa to carry on both the trips.

BTW, this hold true for KSA expats.

Yep, it's not country specific. A single entry visa expires once you land back in KSA.

Dear LegendLeads!! I've got an offer at a company in Al-Khobar for the position of AREA RETAIL SALES MANAGER, of which I have confirmed the official contract. All the benefits & features state its a family status contract and the same was discussed and agreed; however in the contract the STATUS mentioned was SINGLE, so before conforming the contract I spoke to the HR manager and he assured me that once I reach there and have my IQAMA made they shall change it to family status.

I have 2 queries-

1. Can IQAMA only be made for employees recruited on employment 
   visa (any status)?
2. Is it really possible to change the STATUS of the Visa from
   SINGLE to FAMILY??

Would eagerly await your response.

Thanks

Your query is Intended for TLL. However, I would just give the info in brief:

1. Can IQAMA only be made for employees recruited on employment 
   visa (any status)? - YES

2. Is it really possible to change the STATUS of the Visa from
   SINGLE to FAMILY?? - YES, But it is a difficult process and it is advisable to get it changed before you land up in this country.Believe me it Can be a very long process to get it changed.

Thanks Saimans:)

Just one more thing which I missed in my first question- if the employer send across a visit/business visa-which to my understanding is not a difficult thing & might be a trick from the employer to fire an employee during the probation period(gen. 3mth)
Would an IQAMA be made for that sort of VISA as well??

nadeemak wrote:

Thanks Saimans:)

Just one more thing which I missed in my first question- if the employer send across a visit/business visa-which to my understanding is not a difficult thing & might be a trick from the employer to fire an employee during the probation period(gen. 3mth)
Would an IQAMA be made for that sort of VISA as well??

Employer sends across a visit/business Visa ONLY for a certain duration, probably of 90 days (though not sure), during this duration/time frame you need to get your IQAMA sorted out !!!

@ nadeemak - Please wait for TLL's confirmation for your second query. :)

Dear sir

Yes you need an entry / exit visa to leave the kingdom unless you have a multiple exit/ entry visa.

You of course will need your passport for the bahrain entry and exit stamp.

Regards

Trevor

Im Indian national.living in Riyadh.I want to visit Bahrain for 2 days .Othar than exit re entry from my employer, should i need a visit visa for Bahrain ? And how can i get it?Thanks in advance!!

Most people get it on the KSA-Bahrain border (Malik Fahad Causeway).

Thanks a lot!1

hey TLL,
I need your help with regards to a technical question.
My authority letter to drive (Leased Car), will expire on 15th Nov Thu. If i travel on Wed 14th and Return on Fri 15th will this be issue on either of the borders?

Others are also welcome to answer

Regards

Crystel11 wrote:

Im Indian national.living in Riyadh.I want to visit Bahrain for 2 days .Othar than exit re entry from my employer, should i need a visit visa for Bahrain ? And how can i get it?Thanks in advance!!

you will get in on border free of cost. If driving yourself and car is not udner your name you need a authorization letter.

Im currently livin in Saudi Arabia and originally from Pakistan. I have relatives in Canada and wanted to visi them but I am not sure of the procedures. Since my passport is with my kafeel how do i get it to send to the canadian embassy? Can someone please advise me? Thank you

Like almost all others (execpt GCC countries), Canadian Embassy will expect from you a letter issued by your sponsor describing your work experience with his company, your salary package and his consent on your travelling for a short duration.

Your best bet would be to visit their embassy and get all the details.

Thanks for contribution all. Its so useful.

How do I go to Bahrain while on original 90 days work visa?
Do I need a Exit-Reentry or the original work visa is enough?

Many thanks,
JSX

jsx wrote:

Many thanks,
JSX

Check your KSA visa on your passport. If it says "multiple" entry, you can go any time. Otherwise no.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
jsx wrote:

Many thanks,
JSX

Check your KSA visa on your passport. If it says "multiple" entry, you can go any time. Otherwise no.

I am sure, it would be a single entry work visa. so you cannot go. And if some how you go, you cannot come back.
Better don't experiment these things in KSA...

Greetings !

I am a Filipino currently situated in Dammam, KSA.  I have plans going to Bahrain as a tourist for a day.  My friends told me I need to get a visa before I can enter Bahrain.  I have my passport and iqama with me.  Can you please tell me how can I visit Bahrain for a day? And how much will it cost me?  Will it affect my current job here in KSA.  I just want to visit Bahrain for a day and then go back to KSA because I have a job here in KSA.