Need your help, i'm moving to Doha

Hello, i am from Nicosia, Cyprus, 27 years old. I still havent moved to Doha but i recently recieved a job offer as quantity surveyor in Qatar. I did some research and i reliazed that the accommodation in Doha is quite expensive. Also how is overall the cost of life over there and more importantly are there any activities for young persons (nightclubs, football)?

Hi Nicosia,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic with your post on the Doha forum;)

Hi Nicosia,

I don't really use forum pages and I don't really use this website either- so this may be your only response from me!.... but, for your information, accommodation is expensive in Doha and for that reason, job offers almost always come as part of a 'package including accommodation'. Like any other expensive city in the world; London, NY, Paris, if the salary is good and you like the job, you could always share a place/ rent a room. For a decent place to share, you are still probably looking at approximately 700 euros a month

regards

Angela

p.s

Yes, there are football clubs and nightlife. Again nightlife is expensive. You won't get much change from 10 euros a pint of beer.

regards

Angela