He is going to divorce me in ramadan, in my absence

gurtrude wrote:

Thank you, for your support. I will let yous know the out come will be, because now HE is on HOLIDAY in my COUNTRY "i cant believe this man has the cheek", whilst i am alone with no money in his country, ..   YES HE IS A FRAUDSTER! He has not done the divorce yet, and i really don't believe he will, since it in his own interest that he stays married by the look of things,  :dumbom:

And i still have had not seen him in all this time, so I have no clue how he got yet another visa to my country coz it was not through me! All i get now is threatening messages instructing me to sell the villa or he will sell it from under me and i will get nothing!

Gee, I didn't know it was customary in Islamic countries to give presents to each other on Ramadan, like we Christians do at Christmas!!!  :lol:  See, it just proves that you learn something new all the time.

Anyway Gurtrude, If he really does divorce you during Ramadan that is exactly the spirit in which you should accept it... as a gift, a present!!! It will very likely be the best one you ever received in your entire life, trust me. The sooner that you're shuck of this one the better!

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

lol lol Oh yes W.G ! i agree! but whilst he is playing mind games with me i am plotting my vengeance! I am English not Egyptian I wont be the good little house wife dictated to by her little corrupt husband!  i have decided that i wont wait around waiting for Karma and this quiet little lady means business...nothing worse than a woman scorned!   :thanks:

1. There is no Islamic or civil law forbidding people to divorce during the month of Ramadan.

2. In order for the Talaq (Islamic divorce) to be valid, the woman does not have to be legally present in court.
    Usually the man divorces the woman 'privately' saying 'anti taaliq' - you are divorced - then, he presents himself     
    to court declaring to a judge that he has pronounced the divorce in such and such date. There is nothing you can   do to prevent this divorce. What you should focus on, instead, is to have this divorce accepted in your home
  country. the Talaq is not accepted everywhere in the western world. There are 2 main condition for an Islamic Talaq to be recognised abroad, which are A. The notification. The petitioner should notify the respondent. B. Both party should be present, or one , at least, legally represented. Then we have an issue of 'habitual residence'.

3. A man in Islam can marry up to 4 women. The premarital document you mentioned - you being notified in case
    he marries another woman is already part of the Egyptian Law. When a man gets married to a second wife the
    court notifies the first, asking her is she wants to continue the marriage or divorce. Never-the-less, there are   
    many ways to avoid this, in fact, in most instances, the first wife has no idea the man re-married.

4. If I were you, I would try to sell that property in joint names, ASAP, while he is out of the country, before he gets this idea himself. DEspite one would normally need the approval of the other owner things do happen here,

5. If you do not have children from him, you have no right of maintenance or housing, except then during the 3 months of the 'idda period following the divorce.

6. You mentioned that a 'SHAIKH' conducted the marriage. An Egyptian can marry foreigners only at the Ministry of Justice. The so called sheikh won't be able to do absolutely anything, especially in a case of freud.

7. The user Malagara is giving you a very ill advice. If you lie to EU authorities accusing somebody of an international crime he did not commit, you will go to jail for sure. One cannot fight criminals by 'criminal ways'.

thank you for your advice ..yes i am married in the ministry of justice and also registered in the uk, i have already logged a complaint to the immigrations in the uk since he has threatened me that i have not to go to the uk whilst he is there on holiday there,  he has got yet another holiday visa, through the advantage of being married to me, i also told them that this was a marriage of convenience for his own interest and not mine! and he over stayed his visa last year by 4 months! which he did whilst waiting to take a job he applied for in Dubai! so he had no need to fly from cairo were if he had he would never have got the job!..this man has done so many fraudulent things and more are coming to light every day, even found out recently that his id  states that he is single although we have been married for 5 years and he has updated his id many times, also i do not have a work permit or id, which should have had after 2 years in our marriage in order that i can work...All these minor issues hight light that our marriage was toyed and was certainly fake...

Hi Gurtrude,

Don't bother about his threats. He can't do anything, this is why he is trying to scare you. It is obvious that he does not wish you to be in the UK while he is there, because he fears you might take legal action and if it comes up he was already married, his visa will be cancelled and he might go to jail as well. You have to demonstrate to the British authorities that he is already married, and your marriage will get annulled, while he will be arrested next time he tries to get a visa to the UK. I think you should do that. The fact that is Id shows 'single' it may be that he already divorced you in Egypt without informing you. In terms of work permit and residence by marriage, they are not what-so-ever related. If you get a marriage residence, you are not automatically entitled to a work permit. Only an employer can give you that. You should try to request the family status of this man, to see whether you appear in it. Without that you cannot obtain the residence and the ID.

i think that since we married 5 years ago, he has purposely refrained from me being acknowledged   to him as his legal wife! i was never aware that his id was always saying he was single! which i come to the issue that it proves our marriage from the begining was fake, and i was used for my services to provide him with a good life, which he has now since he wants every last grain.from me! which brings me back to the fact i cant work, no permit! i am living in our house which i paid for, and now  he wants to sell from under me! the profits in my house is not enough to provide me with another home,  he does not pat anything to the house at all he has never ever sent me money even thought he is earning over 20, 000le per month and continues to fly all over the world in the job i got him...." stupid me!...no i wont got back to the uk this is my home here!

Hi Gertrude. Another idiot just like you.Five years seems to be in fashion with egyptian husbands whereabouts are you.   Would love it if we could perhaps chat or even meet up compare similiaries to our cur
rent situations over a cuppa or glass or twoib.  Maybe support one and other.   Do not know how to give contact. details privately because mine keeps hacking my e.mail
So far lawyers has cost me much and done nothing but false hopes

Hi Gertrude
If your husband is asking you to sell the apartment tell him he must put it in your name first or at least send a authorization letter on his behalf to sell to your lawyer. At least this way you will recover your money. As his wife you can let the immigration dept in your country know that he has only married you to obtain a visa and they will cancel his. Just maybe his company has organized this new visa

Jeweler46 wrote:

I would also like to inform you that is a website called 'Daniel Pipes'  - When you visit this site - you will find a 'blog' of which thousands of women have shared their own personal experience simular to your own -

May God Bless you today and always -

Thank you for your contribution.

However, without wishing to detract from the experiences of the women who contributed there, I must dissuade people from the Daniel Pipes site and anything to do with him. Pipes is a loathsome, neo-con, racist, anti-Islam warmonger. Here's just a flavour of this foul and revolting man:--

In 1990, he said: "Western European societies are unprepared for the massive immigration of brown-skinned peoples cooking strange foods and maintaining different standards of hygiene...All immigrants bring exotic customs and attitudes, but Muslim customs are more troublesome than most." (National Review, 11/19/90)http://www.mediamonitors.net/whoispipes.html

That you are referring people to a virulently anti-Islam hate site indicates to me that you believe that Islam is the problem here and not poverty and desperation.

yousefh wrote:

hi,
I am sorry to hear this, did u ask ur lawyer about the Gay thing ?
just ask him if he can play the Gay card ?, it's taboo & forbidden here in Egypt.
if there was no sexual intercourse between u two for 4 months or more, it's the first sign for Homosexual in law.
plus there will be Medical examinations & big Scandal for him (the fear from scandal alone may force him to give up the apartment for you)  :D

That's completely incorrect, I'm afraid. "Being" gay is not an offence in any Muslim country. Gay sex is illegal to varying degrees in many Muslim countries, although in 15 Muslim countries, including Egypt, it is not forbidden.

Gay men are arrested, on occasion, in Egypt, but under the catch-all provision of fujur.

So telling the authorities that he is gay, will not necessarily produce results. And seeing as he is married, after all, the cops will probably simply discount your allegations.

Im very sorry for such dramatic story . And I hope every things is going good now , but if not  I can advice you to do this actions immediately to protect ur self and ur rights as a human & wife to .

1- u had to hire a lawyer to review all the papers& contracts between u& ur husband to understand exactly the situation till this moment.

2- if I understand right  ur are a wife for Egyptian man and u live in Egypt  so by the law u are deserve monthly  alimony thats should paid from ur husband to u & it s estimated per the total income of ur husband   and u can get it by the court & if he refused to pay , he will going to jail till he pay it for u .

3- if he even divorcing u  u have a financial rights as ex-wife , u can get it by the court too .

4- if u really sure that the house registered  in ur both names , so there is many civil  procedures to preserve ur right in the house .

5- u need a lawyer too for the negotiations process with ur husband & his family by the legal way , and to make investigations about the legal situation of ur husband & his financial resources .

I hope that I was helpful for u with this briefly advice .. but in the legal issues the base of every things is the papers . And after that  we can say if u in good situation or not .

Also I know a very good lawyer , can recommended for u if u want  ..and  I wish u all the best .. hope that every things going good .