Oman - 2 ear ban on Returns

Hi Friends,

I have heard that 2 year ban is to be active from july 1st. My query is that i have cancelled my visa on january 2014 without completing 2 years. Now i am in india and waiting for visa from another company. Whether the ban is applicable for me also or not after july 1st?

As published across publications, the new rule comes into effect from July 01, 2014. Since you have cancelled your employment visa and have exited the country prior to that you would not come under this rule. Whether you have completed 2 years of employment or not is immaterial as long as you have officially exited the country by getting your employment visa cancelled and by surrendering your resident car thereby relinquishing your granted status as an expatriate resident of Oman.

Hi sumithran,

very good to hear yur reply. But can you confirm it is true? are you sure? any official statements or documents regarding this? Please reply sir

Like I have mentioned here in the last couple of days, there are so many versions and so much of confusion regarding what exactly the rules say and mean.

Log into the online versions of the local daily newspapers like Times of Oman, Muscat Daily, Oman Daily Observer and Oman tribune and read all about it first hand.

Good luck.

ok thalaiva..

if you get any clear statement on my situation, please reply here.

Thanks

Seyad, did you get the visa?

Hi Mr. Seyad Ibrahim,

I have also the same problem as yours. There is lot of confusion about the exact application of rules. I am also in the same predicament as you.  I have cancelled my visa in April 2014. Please give me your india mobile number so that I can talk about the subject..

Hi,
The rules effected from July 1st 2014 onwards, but my friends who exit before that, they are also not getting visa, they are telling should complete 2 years even who left before the visa ban rules announced.

But if your friends manage to get a NOC from their past employers then they are eligible to get visa. Is this right?

Many who have left the Sultanate even before July 1, 2014 are now being disallowed to return - even though the rule clearly states that it is applicable for those who exited the country after the date of this new rule implementation.

This is the problem with the authorities. At any time rules can be changed / amended / modified / etc, to suit their conveniences and the applicant has absolutely no say in that matter whatsoever.

Till one gets the employment visa in hand nothing is certain. This is what I've been saying time and again in this forum.