HOW TO : Foreigner to Marry a Moroccan. Step by step instructions.

Well Muslim men are only allowed to marry Muslim women, Christian or Jewish. And I suppose one of the reasons is the rituals involved, and similarities. It's not surprising for it to be overwhelming for someone outside of those religions.

No need to carry any flags. It's best to avoid going to Morocco for marriage to begin with. Many documentaries have shown what the usual outcome is for foreigners getting married to those from the developing world. Not all of them are daft enough to request money, or ask about a visa. Some of them are patient, and know how not to raise suspicions. Many people have found out only later on, what the real intention was, only after their spouse received their Indefinite Leave to Remain/Passport, and does a runner shortly afterwards. Some of them use their knowledge of their partners bank details to access money without permission.

As for older women and younger men, that's always a no-no, regardless of how long they've known each other. Simply because in the culture, men don't marry older women. Quite the opposite! There is plenty of single youngsters so there is no need at all for someone to resort to that, unless of course there is money and/or visa on offer.

Hey I didn't go to Morocco for marriage...sorry maybe misunderstanding. I went for a holiday and met a Moroccan as do so many women. Sorry UK men not my type-it just happened and I don't regret one minute as we grow in life through experience and I know so much more and understand others now. I would advise people beware though in relationships as in other countries.
This forum is for expats so don't want to dwell on this. Just don't wear rose coloured glasses. It is hard to settle into Moroccan life as a Western woman with a Moroccan man too (check out starter wives). I am sure many of you will disagree and I hope you are right.
So I advise get to know an American and European community for support. You will need it and it is there.  Also I also say to keep quiet about your life as  Moroccans do. Don't be as open as we are in the UK and we share our life, our finances, property, etc
Out there I say nothing and even make up I have family out there as protection as a single women. Even wearing my wedding ring makes no difference to advances.
You need to earn respect and act respectful in their country it is a big element I have learnt. Gradually build up trust long term - as in time and just keep quiet and listen.
It is a fabulous country with lovely people (mainly) and hope to be back very soon-just booked.

There wasn't any misunderstandings. None of my comment was aimed at you, but rather in general, for the sake of readers of this thread.

"I went for a holiday and met a Moroccan as do so many women. "

There is obviously a reason for that. And that is many of them are hanging around waiting for them. Not just in Morocco, but any developing country that attracts quite a number of tourists. Even married tourists are not left alone by the opportunists.

And people are usually lovely for a reason, don't you think. Have you noticed they are not as lovely to their own compatriot as they are with foreigners. Again, there is a reason for this.

"Also I also say to keep quiet about your life as  Moroccans do. Don't be as open as we are in the UK and we share our life, our finances, property, etc"

So you're not into UK men, who are opened about their life, but into Moroccans, who are not as opened? Have I understood that right?

hello :) hope your fine
can you tell me whats mix marriage ?
and if both boy and girl are muslim..should they follow the same instructions as you posted
thank you
hope you reply soon

Yes all the same procedures are required.

Thanks for information
I read all blogs on this plate form every one has different story
I am not British but still I m living in U.K. Legally on resident permit
I am confused which embassy to go i went in rabat Pakistan embassy they give me one paper first one no objection certificate get from ur union council noc something like that
I have also certificate of no impediment which council give me police check I applied will get soon and work and Salery slips I have nationality certificate don't have but have valid passport some things makes confuse and can I send all document in scan to email to my partner she can print and translate them

especial thanks for you , i got more information ,it seams like easy but i think it will be a hard days as i know how is the work  in governmental area allover the Arabian countries , hope for all best wishes and got married from who loved and hope from arab governments to make it easy as a rate of unmarried increases

thanks again

Hi Summer,

I absolutely love your story, it's so genuine!

I need clarification on what 'a written request to the judge is'? Did your husband have to do one?

Also, with regards to the paperwork being stamped by the Moroccan embassy in the county I live in (in my case UK), I'm guessing I have to send my originals and copies to be certified?

Thank you in advance.

Saimah

Can someone help me with some information?

I live in Canada and I'm going to Morocco in a week to marry the girl I love. She's Moroccan.

I have everything you've listed but I don't understand why I have to send all my papers back to the Moroccan embassy - what are the "special stamps" you're mentioning? I didn't see them mentioned on the Moroccan embassy's website as a requirement.

Also, it's embarrassing to admit - but I have a minor STD, HSV-2 (herpes). Will the government not allow me to marry in this case even though it's a very minor and dormant disease? My fiancé knows and she's okay with it. Will our marriage application take longer?

Please let me know, I'm very distraught. Thank you.

s for older women and younger men, that's always a no-no, regardless of how long they've known each other. Simply because in the culture, men don't marry older women. Quite the opposite! There is plenty of single youngsters so there is no need at all for someone to resort to that, unless of course there is money and/or visa on offer.
hello what do you mean   by this statements? I'm 52 years old and I have a moroccan man which is 41 years old ,  whom we love each other for more than 4 years now. I stay in their house last february  for 1.5 months and I did not see anything that i can say NO for marrying him. I met his father and all his relatives. what can you say about that?do i need to think that he can never marry me? can you give me specific clarification about this? thanks...

Hi Walid,

i have replied with answers to your questions via messages,

thanks

Summer

How do I aquire my eligibility to marry? Also, I can do all this from the United States or I need to be present?

Hi there.

Your eligibility to marry certificate should be obtainable from your local authority or government sector agency? Here in new zealand we obtain this certificate via the internal affairs department.

As for all the other docs listed you will need to obtain from your home country/country of residence prior to going to morocco.

If you need any additional help or questions just pm me or you can flick me a message on Facebook. Just search for summerlee fataoui Schick.

Cheyennesyd wrote:

How do I aquire my eligibility to marry? Also, I can do all this from the United States or I need to be present?

I think you can get all the information you need from the American consulate in Casablanca.
Here's a link, https://ma.usembassy.gov/
This should be a useful and reliable resource. Good luck :

hi friends
i am AJAS from India working in Qatar. i am planning to get marry my Moroccan partner in this September....i have some doubts..
1, police clearance certificate. is this from Indian embassy in Qatar or from Qatar police.
2, employment certificate. it should attest in Indian embassy?
3, foreigner's citizenship certificate . is it saying i am a non residential Indian ? and need to attest this also from embassy
4, Islam certificate. is it also should be attest in Indian embassy ?
5, single status certificate. this certificate after attest in ministry of external affair. need to attest in any embassy?? India or morocco
6, birth certificate. i have my original birth certificate with me. i need any updated certificate and it should be attested ??
7, residential certificate its from Qatar foreign ministry. is it also should attest from any authority ??

Hi! Where do I go to get the papers translated in Arabic?  I live in Minnesota. How will they have my criminal  history papers in rebat? Do I have to have them sent there from the US or just bring them with me on the plane and take them to Rebat? Did you file the Cr-1 Visa and if so how long did it take for your husband to come to the US?

I think you should contact the Moroccan embassy in Washington D.C. they will provide all the info that you need

Hi

I tried to message you about utilities cost in Morocco  but for some reason I couldn't.....so what's monthly expenses for electricity, water etc.....

Samra

God bless

Its good here...rent its around 1400.wich 140euro électrique its 45dh around 4.5euro

Do you, or anyone have experience with prenuptial agreements. 

Are they recognized and respected in Morocco?

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … ry=Morocco

Thanks bro...

Your post is helpful indeed just wanted to know whether we need to attest translated documents in our country (India in my case) from government officials before reaching morroco.

Hi brother ,

Me too planning. for next month visit do update me types of documents required.

I live & employed in INDIA.

Salam everyone,i started to prepare some of the documents, but i am thinking are they gonna ask me for  uk proof of adress and if my uk driving license will do the work. Thank you

Hi dear thanks for the information but my question is the certificate of No impediment is must required in Morocco... Because I checked with British embassy in Rabat and the embassy going to issue me An affidavit certificate for marriage in morocco

Better to translate in Morocco, from English to French, each page between 200 to 300 MAD around depend on Area

Hey Buddy,
    This is Ahmed. How are you doing? It's sort of relief that when Brothers like you share your your experience, it helps a lot. I am planning to get married in Morocco. Before that I would like to ask you ask you few questions which I believe gonna help me a lot. I hope to talk to you regarding this if you are open to it.
Looking forward to you.

Yeah sure buddy you can ask me what ever you like

Asalaam alaikum warehmatullahi wabarrakatahu
How are you brother. This is Mukhtar from Canada Indian citizen. I would really appreciate to hear from you your experience as In sha Allah I'll be in the same situation as you were before marriage. In sha Allah if Allah will I'll be marrying in Morocco too.
Really looking forward to you
Jazzakallahumakhair

Greetings from Maroc

I have been through the pain the anxiety frustration and complications to complete a marriage convert and almost completex residence card all during lockdown and emergency here in maroc

Not simple and not sure if corona over complicated it or just the fact that noone was clear on the process or steps
There is no clear procedure as i experienced

Give yourself at least 6 weeks here to complete
And dont underestimate your costs as extra would help speed.

Without i estimate 8 weeks would have been likely
If you come on tourist visa 90 days is limit each visit
Holidays and bureau restrictions hours client numbers, poor admin process, over complicated and queues have to be accepted in your plan

Regards
Rob

Hi
If you have specific questions about the process feel free to email me direct to avoid me responding from purely my experience which will not bebthe same for everyones situation due to them marriying in different regions
The process can be full of unexpecations and inconsistencies

ALL
IMPORTANT
First go or get your intended to go to the family court for the region and ask exactly from the delartment dealing wifh marriages
Exactly for a mixed nartiage what paperpwrk they need for approval of marriage
Forget advice online its not as it appears unsure if this is due to lockdowns or whether out of date.
The courts are the approvers
Also ask the same question of the adoul as he has to create the martiage cert

If younspeak to these two people younwill save alot of frustration and miss information

I can explain the next steps if you ask ke specifix questions

I can only advice fron my experience and trial and error
For the  current situation here in maroc

The residence card is another whole nightmare i am tackling thats another experience full of inconsistencies and regionalised!!!!

Keep safe

Rob

Asalaam alaikum warehmatullahi wabarrakatahu.
I am still waiting for your response to my last message. I believe you were quite busy.

That was awsome article, I just want to know, what do you mean by updated birth certificate?
Zaheer

Hello everyone!! Am Moroccan married to British man I want to reply for Uk spouse visa but we have a problem we have just a 5 months payslips as my husband he is going to start new job from next month so the 6 month payslip should be from the new job which he is going to start next month
My Question is does the home office accept a letter from new job? And can we use payslips from / different jobs 5 months payslips from old job and another month from new job or it need to be from the same place? Please can someone advise me

Soukaynasadik96 wrote:

Hello everyone!! Am Moroccan married to British man I want to reply for Uk spouse visa but we have a problem we have just a 5 months payslips as my husband he is going to start new job from next month so the 6 month payslip should be from the new job which he is going to start next month
My Question is does the home office accept a letter from new job? And can we use payslips from / different jobs 5 months payslips from old job and another month from new job or it need to be from the same place? Please can someone advise me

Hi, Usually, home office accept all payslips doesn't matter if its a new job and new role. He must wait for the 6 months wage slip and he can show his new role in the work contract which will help. I do not see this as a problem. But its still better to contact Home Office to double check this information.

I mean can we use payslips of last six months from old job? And letter to prove that he is working from new job will that be okay? Because we don't have 6 months payslips from new job as my husband he just start working

Soukaynasadik96 wrote:

I mean can we use payslips of last six months from old job? And letter to prove that he is working from new job will that be okay? Because we don't have 6 months payslips from new job as my husband he just start working

Hi yes I don't see that being a problem at all. As long as it consistent with the dates. For example if you apply from November then he should show the last 6 months from this Month and same year. They can't be any missing dates between the wage slips.

so June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, November 2021 would be fine but if you show: May,  June, July, August, September  & November. (means you have one month missing) then it will not be accepted and you would have to wait for a full 6 months. unless he has the savings as per below.

He will have to show  an income of at least £18,600 per year before tax. Last 6 Months wages slips regardless of if its a new or old job as it still counts.

His income can be a combination of:

earnings from employment or self-employment - but only if you're working in the UK
a pension
maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay
other income such as from rent or shares
If your income is less than you need, you can use cash savings to meet the financial requirement. You'll need £16,000 plus £2.50 for every £1 your income is below the financial requirement. The savings must have been in his name for 6 months or more.

Before you make your application, you might have to:

Pass an English language test –  find out more about the English test  on GOV.UK

Get a medical test to show they don't have Tuberculosis (TB) –  find out more about the TB test  on GOV.UK

Coronavirus – if you can't take the English language test

You can still apply for a visa if they can't go to a language test appointment because:

Test centres near them are closed

Your appointment is delayed

You can't travel because of coronavirus – for example because your self-isolating

You should call the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre to explain the situation and check what you need to do next.

Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre
Telephone: +44 (0) 800 678 1767
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

You should also explain on the form why you haven't taken the test when you apply for your visa.

You might have to take the test later.

@summerlee7

Hi

I'm living in UK but my father is Iranian. I am Muslim, Alhamdulillah & just wondered is it easier for Muslim to marry Muslim there in Islam. I am thinking of doing this. He says he wants a baby too & marriage & to live in Morocco. I'm epileptic so I'm worried about the marriage & also I would be leaving my NHS disability for my illness & how would I get my medication?

Many Thanks!

May Allah (swt) bless you both with good health & good happiness

M x

@ summerlee7  ا I'm from Morocco and I'm looking for true love