Nurse

Hi. Anyone, I would like to know if Nurses in Malaysia needs to have a license before they are able to practice in the hospital?? Pls help...

Hi Appelsnine

It sounds like you want to nurse in Malaysia - Yes, all nurses need a liscence to practice - Malaysia has a Nursing board to which you will need to apply and register before allowed to nurse in that country. Some boards require an exam others not. There may be costs involved to get yourself placed on their register.

Nursing Board of Malaysia and Malaysia midwifery Board. Google the site and apply. The liscence is renewed annually.

Check to see if you need to apply before you leave your home town as the process can take very long. If you are applying for a job thru an agent the agent does this all for you.

Good luck

No need just walk in, put on the uniform and go clean the patients and administer their medications. JW

Hey...
The easiest way is to approach a job agency and they'll sort out the paperwork for you.if you wanna wing it, you should contact the SNB as you look for a job. i hope you have all your paperwork with you!but be warned that being a nurse in Malaysia  is very different to that back home...

Hello. I am a Filipino Nurse and i happen to meet your statement here. I also wanted to apply for Registration in Malaysian Nursing board as far as what i know all nurses must be registered in the nursing board of the country they wish to work with, but i saw your message here that we do not need to register is that what you are saying? Please enlighten me as i am hired by a private institution here in Malaysia as nurse and i really wish i could register here in malaysia to get a good paying job.

Your information and guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards.

Helen

@zakpotts any agency you can recommend please? I am a filipino nurse here in saudi and i am planning to apply in any Malaysian clinics or hospital. Thanks