Travel Ban

Dear Brothers,

I am from city of hyderabad, India. I write to you with great humility for help/advice. My husband came to saudi Arabia in 2010 on an " Azad Visa" after one year he called me on a housemaid visa, as his profession does not allow him to sponsor a family, later on I got transferred under my husband's sponsorship, in 2013 after amnesty period my husband sponsor closed his office and disappeared without giving release papers and passport, we waited till march 2014 and even went to labor office to get his address, but was of no help, afterwards his CR & License got expired, then my husband current sponsor, where he was working since arriving here, advised that if we can get a new passport he can change sponsorship without and release papers as his original sponsor company was in red category, then we requested our consulate and they issued a new passport and based on that his current sponsor was able to transfer the sponsorship without any influence or paying any money to anybody.

But now all of a sudden my husband previous sponsor called on his cell and said that how we have transferred sponsorship without his permission and that is illegal and threatened that  he will put a case against my husband in Labor dept. to impose a Travel ban on him. My husband was very shocked and got a hypertension attack and since last 3 days he is recovering in a hospital.

Please tell me brothers as to now what we can do, can my husband previous sponsor will really be able to put a travel ban or any other case against him.

Change of sponsorship was done only after the online approval and without any influence from his current sponsor,nor we paid any bribe in any Govt. department to get the transfer done.

Anticipating a favorable reply...

Best regards and God bless you all

You need NOT worry at ALL. Am glad that you've gone all legal and have exhibited due patience in the entire procedure. There is not even a single thing using which the ex-sponsor can do anything.

Let your husband relax and know that even if he tries to visit any court to file a complaint, he'll be expelled from there immediately and disrespectfully. Just for the sale of avoiding any embarrassments, consider changing all your contact numbers.

Travel ban is called 'haroob' and can be registered by the current sponsor, not by any ex people.

thanks for posting this.....

I have a co-worker who had the same issue.... she was supposed to go on exit from our company, and she was cleared to go with final exit and all....

but at the airport, she was not allowed to exit because according to immigration, she had other problems, our company could not help her anymore because they already provided her with exit papers...

from what I heard, she's still here in saudi, unable to travel back home,... perhaps she had this haroob...

now nobody's able to help her, we dont know where she is, and I dont know if the consulate can help her

Dear Brother (TheLegendLeads)

Can you please shed some light on what brother "jerico_expat" post.

With thanks & regards,

Dear Brother (Jerico_expat),

Was your colleague has "huroob' before her sponsorship was transferred...??? from what I heard is that sponsorship cannot be changed if a person has been declared huroob...??? if not then an employee's previous sponsor is all powerful and has unlimited rights and whenever he wants he can put 'huroob' on his ex-employee any time he wants as per hid mood or just our of enmity/jealousy, even though the employee is not under his sponsorship and was transferred legally with approval of the concerned authorities.
This thing is dangerous for all the expatriates.

Regards,

abdalmohsin wrote:

Can you please shed some light on what brother "jerico_expat" post.

With thanks & regards,

Final Exit, Exit-Reentries, Sponsorship change, Iqama renewal almost all passport related services are frozen in case of huroob. The good news is that the: this process is recently restructured.

Jericho,
Can you provide more information about the case? Can you share his/her iqama# in a personal message to me?

You mean to say , that an employer can put 'huroob' only till the time the employee was under his sponsorship and the moment the sponsorship is transferred he cannot do anything (this was evident in your reply last night).

Thank you & God bless you all....

hi all, didn't expect my comment would raise such concern,

first, my colleague was an ex-saudi, who went home, and then re-applied under new visa with our company. When she finished her contract, she decided not to renew, so she was properly assisted for final exit... during her employment with us, she was able to go on annual vacation with no troubles at all.

but then, during her attempted final exit, she was not allowed to go due to unknown reasons.

never saw her again, but some say she is still here in jeddah..

I doubt it was huroob, because she was able to go on vacation, but i could not think of another reason....

Dear brother, (TheLegendLeads)

Please kindly share your expertise/knowledge on brother jerico_expat post.

Regards,

shamsherexpat wrote:

You mean to say , that an employer can put 'huroob' only till the time the employee was under his sponsorship and the moment the sponsorship is transferred he cannot do anything (this was evident in your reply last night).

See, huroob in simpler words is "reporting run-away". A sponsor has to use it to report missing employees/sponsorsee(s). But unfortunately facility was abused extensively by sponsors. The first thing they check when registering a runaway case is if the reporting person is the sponsor? If he's not, the request is declined.

Again, ONLY your sponsor or employer can register a huroob against you; no one else.

Coming back to your question: if a huroob was done, sponsorship change wouldn't have been completed. In order to change sponsorship, first huroob is waived off, then transfer procedures are followed.

jericho_expat wrote:

I doubt it was huroob, because she was able to go on vacation, but i could not think of another reason....

I have seen your PM. Will reply you there.

Dear friends,

Greetings to all of you, want to add something to this ongoing conversation regarding travel ban.

Our company PRO told me today that if an employee transfers without the consent his previous sponsor then the new sponsor should not give the employee a Final Exit or Exit/reentry visa for the first 3 months from the date of transfer of sponsorship, this was even mentioned in the statement given by the labor minister at the start of amnesty 2013 in local newspaper.

Does this mean that in the first three months, the previous sponsor can trouble the employee by black mailing him with a travel ban and extort money from him (like in case of forum member abdalmohsin)...???

Does this that after three months the previous sponsor will be able to trouble the employee....??

It will be highly helpful for everyone if expert members of this forum can put some light on this matter