The prospects of looking for employment in the Automotive field

Hi there

I am currently living in South Africa and I am considering to take a flight to Mauritius and then seek employment once I am there .What are the pro's and con's of this idea ?
I have an internationally recognised trade certificate as a qaulified spray painter . I have been managing the company I worked for in south africa for almost 6 years now .
The other question is accommodation rates for a self catering unit for 1 person ? , just a plus minus figure ?
I know it may not be easy in this manner and I am willing to take on any employment that is pays reasonably well .
The most important is a working visa , will the company that hires me , provide the neccessary aid ?

Like to hear some views and advice of people who were in a similiar situation .

Hi Jerome,

First of all welcome on Expat.com!

Of course you can try to come here to look for a job but that's not the way I would proceed personnally.

First have a look at our Classifieds, if nothing there, place an ad yourself!

Else you can also Google with the function you'd like to have + Mauritius.

I wouldn't advise as many do here on the forum, to go and search local job websites (meaning with .mu) because mostly local websites are for local contracts.

Wishing you success in your search
Arlette

Thanks Artlette

I will take your advice , I've already posted an ad in classifieds .I will wait and see how that goes .
In the mean time I will search on google as well .

Once again thanks for the prompt response .

Take care

Jerome