Moving with horses

Aloha! I am new to the blog and am looking for all the advice I can get. My husband and I are moving to Panama. We are bringing 4 dogs and two horses. I know it is a bit complicated. Please share any and all advise. We will be living outside of Pedasi. Thank you!!!!

Aloha,

Can give advice sista if you bring sticky rice and manapau.  ;)

May I ask why Pedasi? Have you been to Panama?

Aloha! Thanks for responding. Sure ding bradah, I got plenty kine sticky rice and manapua. Pedasi because my husband and I love it there. We love the ruralness and small town yet can get to more populated areas if need. So, tell me, what you know about moving horses down there? Any advice about moving there would be awesome.

New Ohana,

My Bro was Hawaiian. Unfortunately he passed when he was only 56. I have 4 Nephews carrying on the Hawaiian way. I don't know about shipping horses, but I do know someone who might, as they have a horse farm here in Boquete. They are from the U.S. if I remember correctly. He is actually representing Panama at the world horse reining championship in Georgia. I will give him a call and see what he knows. I too owned horses in the U.S. Haven't ridden in a long time. Don't know if I could even stay on anymore.  :o

I do have a moving company in the U.S. that I have used and I have sent several people to. When are you planning the big move? I do know that the dogs can be moved in fairly easy. But you will need to check about shots. My friend travels with her small dog and I will ask her what she goes through. Even though she just had shots, she had to have them again at the airport. You will have to arrange for a vet to come to the airport. I will check on that as well. Sorry I couldn't be more help.