Working in Malta

i am a graduate nurse and i am looking for job in Malta.kindly give me some advices

Hi,
Malta does have a shortage of nurses and is seeking to recruit up to 240 new nurses by 2012.

I came across this public call for applications recently.It should include all the information you need .

http://doi.gov.mt/en/employment_opp/3012a.asp

Better start learning Maltese -)))

Regards

Ricky

Maltese isn't required

2have the ability to communicate in the Maltese and/or English language as follows...."

"Proficiency in English will be accepted if applicants:

EITHER provide proof that the primary nursing qualification was undertaken in English;

OR provide a valid certificate for IELTS (International English Language Testing System) at the level of 7.5 or above in each domain. "

Be aware of point 6bii!

After one year you will be asked to show  some Maltese language skills, even if basic!And it makes sense as many older Maltese do not speak that much English but they will ,of course, be glad for any care given to them in any language.

Have you ever been to the ETC as a non-EU ,Georgeingozo ?

The other more important question is do you hold an EU passport ?
Without an EU passport be aware of major problems after the first 3 years of getting a work permit.

I saw you signed in under Kerala !Do you have an EU-passport ?

Regards

Ricky

It doesn't say to have to be proficient in both, but in either

6. b) have the ability to communicate in the Maltese and/or English language as follows

if you can prove ability in English as per 6 bi, then I read it that 6 bii is irrelevant, due to the or in 6b

Have you ever been to the ETC as a non-EU ,Georgeingozo ? - I'm an EU citizen, so no. Agree, for an EU citizen is much easier - an EU citizen has the right to work in Malta, a non-EU citizen has no such rights - its a problem to start off with, and another problem after 3-4 years.