Wish to enter the F&B and Hospitality business in Mauritius

Dear Fellow members,

Greetings !!

I am from India and need your advise on my situation, which is as below:

That I wish to enter, work & live in Mauritius as an Investor and to that effect you have the capability to bring in 100K USD into the country.
That I wish to take over a suitable company which may currently be running a : Bar/Pub/Restaurant/Guest House, where the takeover costs will in all probability be in the tune of over 50K USD, hence the OP against Self Employed category will not suffice .
That to run the same you will need to hire foreign national besides the local talent available for which I would seek an OP for some employees under the professional cateagory
that I can assure the BOI of a min taxable PBT of 50K USD
that the initial activities shall include investments into F&B, Hospitality, FMCG distribution, Garment trading etc. which can exceed USD 100K also in the first financial year itself.
I have been communicating with a few members but still the clarity lacks with respect to the specific situation which I have mentioned above.

Thanks a lot in advance............ :)

Hello Anjuraj. I understand that members' contribution may lack clarity because there is no clear question in your post.
What advice do you precisely need? Your post seems more a statement of your intention rather than a question. Sorry if I don't get this... but still I can tell you that you will need to have a business plan that is able to explain 'all the projects you have'. Unfortunately (or fortunately) BOI seems to prefer a precise projects rather than 'vast investment ideas'.

Concretely, you need to pin-point one project (in one industry sector) and develop it to fit the conditions of the BOI (this is the best and simplest way to obtain your OP as investor). From there, once you have a foot in the country, you are welcomed to invest and develop further activities.

I'm wondering whether the idea of a holding company investing in different activities wouldn't be appropriate here. In this case, for BOI permit, you will need to develop each part of the project (F&B, Textiles, etc.) in details in your business plan and provide an objective set of financial forecast.

Dear Nadeem,

thank you very much....I ve got the idea...
let me prepare a business plan for the project I have in mind with the Project Report and the expected financial forecasts and then approach the BOI.