[IT Work] Sys Admin

Hi, myself my partner and 2 young children are re-locating to Malta from Ireland in July.
We have already been to check out the place, schools and  residential locations etc. So full steam ahead.

I am just about to finish university in May, and will hold a degree in Computer Science and Information Systems. I have a years sys admin experience in a junior position with the one of the world's largest manufactures of cpus based here in Ireland !

I will be looking for a Systems Administrator/Engineer type job, even junior position to get started would do ! Any body in any such company already and know if they are taking new hires soon ?

Cheers, Bobby (34)

Hi Bobby,

I suggest you to post your advert in the dedicated section System administrator job offers in Malta, with details of your qualifications and skills.

Regards,

David.

Hi, have a look HERE and you'll find few offers for System Admins.

Good luck!

Antonio

Hello Everyone !

I've just been interviewed for a sys admin position ( Microsoft platform, virtualization, possible exchange server administration ) in Malta and I have to send the salary expectations.

Can anyone advise me what salary to expect for the described position. In addition, I would come to Malta with my wife, meaning there would be two of us at the beginning, and we might have a baby in a year or two.

As for me, I don't have any relevant Microsoft Certificates, but I have a year and a half of a work experience as a sys admin in a goverement held mid size company, dealing with 250-300 users, administering MS AD, DNS, Web server, Exchange server and RADIUS server ( linux based- CentOS ).
Other than that, I have 3 more years of experience on an IT tehnician postion, providing customer support and hardware servicing and maintnance.

My wife works as a freelancer.

Thanks for answers,
Igor

Certificates are very important in Malta (for the candidate selection), imho even more important than the skills and experience itself ;-)
It's possible to get the same job, but without relevant certificates the salary is much much lower.

I have an EU wide valid engineering education/degree (as well as an EUR ING title) and almost 20 years experience, but without "national" engineering degree, certificates and licenses my applications have not been considered as "equal" ... anyhow, in this case register as self employed and do the job you want to do at a much higher hourly rate :-D
The people here appreciate skills and experience of a person, but employers don't when it comes to salary ;-)

Hi matm911,

Thanks for the reply and tips.

I also have a master degree, but I have no certificates relevant to this specific role ( MCSA 2012 or CCNA ).
Can you tell if the 20.000 per year ( gross ) is a good starting point and a decent amount for two ( my wife and me ) to have some sort of decent comfortable life ( apartment rent,food for two, a car and gas expencies, etc. )